Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone still make the low m60 mounts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone still make the low m60 mounts?

been reading alot of m60 build threads as I am planning on starting my swap process soonish.

Anyways I noticed there used to be mounts that required you to notch the oil pan but intern didn't have to use the subframe spacers. I'm curiuos where are they? I can't seem to find anything, garagistic only offers one mount set that I see.

If you want to go that way, you just omit the subframe spacers and notch the pan i think
    We're in deep now boys
    1988 325i SETA - Daily driver
    1988 340iL - Track car
    My M60 V8 swap thread here
    [oo==OO==oo]

Comment

Originally posted by dasmanschaft012 View Post
      If you want to go that way, you just omit the subframe spacers and notch the pan i think
      This is my understanding as well.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
      Transaction feedback
      - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by dasmanschaft012 View Post
        I'm not denying this as I have no experience with this swap. But I question it.
        The mounts are bolted to the subframe, and motor to the mounts. So when spacing the subframe you intern are moving the whole assembly and wouldn't be changing the oil pan clearance. I could be overthinking this.

Comment

Correct, the reason for the subframe spacers is to align the drivetrain. With the engine as low as it can go with the stock pan, it's not at the factory-intended drivetrain angle, so you space the whole subframe/engine assembly down with the subframe spacers. To omit the spacers, and still maintain the correct drivetrain angle, you would need to bring the engine down, which requires non-typical mount arms and notching the oil pan.

I made my own. I just used my old m60 arms as a starting point, took a few measurements, and went to work. I don't recall any company ever selling arms like this.

85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
          e30 restoration and V8 swap
          24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Originally posted by JGood View Post
            I made my own
            Thats because you're a mad man :bow:
            We're in deep now boys
            1988 325i SETA - Daily driver
            1988 340iL - Track car
            My M60 V8 swap thread here
            [oo==OO==oo]