Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M62B44,M60B40 heads & cams, Eaton M112 (now with NOS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this routing is correct...

I am not sure if the way you have it will work very well
    Last edited by wilholl; 06-26-2018, 06:56 PM.
    1988 325 non-letter Seta "Bronzit"
    1991 325ic "Laguna Green" (Sold)
    1993 325i "Laguna Green/Silver" (Sold)
    1998 528i "Artic Silver" m-sport(totalled by drunk driver)
    2000 528i Titansilber/gray m-sport
    2000 528i Titansilber/black m-sport(sold)
    2001 525i Anthracite m-sport(sold)
    2013 750i Black/Black m-sport "Beast"

Comment

factory routing:

cars beep boop

Comment

Yep, exactly...
        The tensioner is between the crank pulley and the water pump pulley
        1988 325 non-letter Seta "Bronzit"
        1991 325ic "Laguna Green" (Sold)
        1993 325i "Laguna Green/Silver" (Sold)
        1998 528i "Artic Silver" m-sport(totalled by drunk driver)
        2000 528i Titansilber/gray m-sport
        2000 528i Titansilber/black m-sport(sold)
        2001 525i Anthracite m-sport(sold)
        2013 750i Black/Black m-sport "Beast"

Comment

Originally posted by wilholl View Post
          I think this routing is correct...

I am not sure if the way you have it will work very well
          This does allow for more water pump coverage, I'll experiment with it.

Originally posted by kronus View Post
          factory routing:

Unfortunately without a lower pulley (PS Pump originally) there wouldn't be a way to keep the tensioner puley between crank & W.P

Comment

I was considering using nitrous for short blasts, IAT cooling, increase cool factor.

Found a kit in my budget:

(yea, I know I switched nitrous and fuel lines in the pic)

Decided on a wet system since my EFI doesn't have advanced nitrous controls to increase injector PW during nitrous engagment nor do I know if injectors can flow enough to compensate (stock jaguar).

I'm thinking of modifying the nozzle from 90° to straight and drilling the supercharger outlet duct here for the nozzle:

With the nozzle as horizontal as it can get with the intercooler coolant crossover there aimed towards the rear of the duct.

I'm even thinking of running the nitrous purge down to a spray bar on the intercooler. Not to be used simultaneously, but either/or
            Last edited by Mykk540i/6; 06-27-2018, 05:02 AM.

Comment

Comment

Sexy

Comment

MANNNNN you just keep uppin' the bar.

Been watching this build thread for quite some time & taking info for my own build but tossing NOS into it just makes me giggle. I'm really looking forward to seeing this dropped in the engine bay & running!

Keep up the insane work man loving the progress you're making.

BLUE NOSE - M62 SWAP

THE E30 + 1 BUILD

Comment

Originally posted by DIIRTY-30 View Post
                    MANNNNN you just keep uppin' the bar.

Been watching this build thread for quite some time & taking info for my own build but tossing NOS into it just makes me giggle. I'm really looking forward to seeing this dropped in the engine bay & running!

Keep up the insane work man loving the progress you're making.

Thank you!

Comment

So I was looking at my old E34 that I had started putting this engine together for. The car is rough. The paint is tossed, not a single body panel is straight. The suspension is wore out, it clunks and bangs going down the road. The interior has been gutted. It is used and abused at 250,xxx miles on the clock.

I was at a crossroads. Do I put this engine in my old, abused and beat up E34 for fun. Do I find an E30 or small chassis to put the V8 & 6spd trans in. Or do I go way out there and put the BMW M62 with the manual from the E34 in and old school T-Bucket.

Being a classic car & hot rod enthusiast the last idea really resonated with me. Then this thought came to me, build the hot rod T-bucket. Test, tune, dial in and work some of the kinks out. Then embark on a roadtrip with the totally impractical hot rod. From my town in Arizona, to Los Angeles. Join the HWY 1 in Santa Monica and cruise the 1 all the way north to San Francisco, and beyond...Bodega Bay.

This could also be an opportunity to make a youtube series out of this; the build & execution of the hot rod and the road trip. With the sights of all the towns, the people, the food and the road side repairs along the way.

I grew up near San Francisco and lived in Los Angeles for a few years so this would be a trip to visit some memories and make new ones.

My biggest concern is the amount of downtime between progress due to funds. As it is now there is about $3.5K in the engine (almost half of that was the supercharger adapter)

I can get a new T-bucket kit for around $4k, figure another $3K in brakes, rear end, fab, cooling, steering, and everything else needed to make a basic car from scratch. Or I pick up someone elses project between $6-$8k and spend another $2k to make it what I want.

Setting these kinds of funds aside for play money would be like a years worth of saving. I guess my next step is to start making episodes 1 & 2 around the engine & transmission and see if it gains any interest.

Either way the hot rod build and road trip really resonates with me and it's going to happen.

Comment

I was very deep in the planning stages of a T bucket build for a few months over this past winter. Went as far as going to swap meets for parts, sourcing the metal tubing from work, etc...

Anyway, while I love the idea, it will be very difficult to fit a DOHC v8 into a standard t-bucket design... with a standard t-bucket budget. I'm sure it's possible, but I really think you'd have to stretch and maybe widen the frame, which will cause body issues, basically pioneering your way through it. Which is cool, but it will take a lot more time and/or money.

Everyone always says how they can build those things for $3-$5k. My budget spreadsheet had me at over $10k (that was building the frame myself, none of the Speedway kit stuff), for something that could move under it's own power. Another $5k for a good running, driving, legal, reliable machine. And that was with a carb'd 350 and auto, and none of the fancy chrome, nice upholstered interior, etc...

Put that thing in an e30. I have 6 years and 40k miles on my m6x e30 (now an m60b44), and I'm still not tired of it. It's an absolute riot. With the S/C, it would be amazing.
                        85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
                        e30 restoration and V8 swap
                        24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Originally posted by JGood View Post
                          ... while I love the idea, it will be very difficult to fit a DOHC v8 into a standard t-bucket design...

I did do some basic measurements with what Info I could find, mostly to see if by flipping the S65 manifolds would they clear the cowl of the tub. From my quick research I saw that the M60 mounts would sit on top of the T-frame and the flipped manifolds will clear the cab:

I was even thinking of slipping some auger style mufflers on the end of the manifolds and calling it good.

I've got the engine, the transmission the wiring, the EFI and a donor E34 (trans crossmember, mounts, drive shaft)

Even the driveshaft mod/fab wouldn't be budget heavy.

The major budget eater would be the rear end, I want to run a jaguar independent rear.

Comment

damn, awesome work.

with the manifold flipped like that how would they ever fit in the bay?

also, arent the factory bmw rear ends pretty stout? i know of a few high power builds and they seem to hold up
                            M30 is God's motor.....but Jesus drives an M60'd car -slammin.e28

Comment

Originally posted by dougie30 View Post
                              damn, awesome work.

with the manifold flipped like that how would they ever fit in the bay?

also, arent the factory bmw rear ends pretty stout? i know of a few high power builds and they seem to hold up
                              pretty sure he was referring to if he went the t bucket route.

I'm pro t bucket because thats a rowdy ass idea. Granted, this engine will make anything super rowdy...
                              1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Originally posted by dougie30 View Post
                                ...with the manifold flipped like that how would they ever fit in the bay?

Engine bay?

Comment

Working...
                                X