91 318is/ LS Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tubesock View Post
    I was under the impression the LS6 manifold had a different bolt pattern for the throttle body that won’t work with the drive by cable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You would have to look into that but I would recommend porting or getting a larger TB.

-Nick

Comment

Nope. I am running a dbc throttle body on a LS6 intake manifold just find an LS1 DBC throttle body to bolt to it. Now the LS2 and LS6 throttle bodies are a different bolt pattern
      1989 325i LS Swap (Money Pit):https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=244933
      COTM Feb 2019: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=428404

Comment

Sick, so LS6 intake with LS1 throttle body.

Comment

Some good info here https://www.hotrod.com/articles/20-l...ifolds-tested/
          sigpic

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=420591 5.3 LSA build in progress :devil:

Comment

Boy what a weekend, got the sloppy stage 2 cam installed and the PAC 1218 valve springs but it was a fight.

Thrashed the first 4-5 threads in the crankshaft, broke off one of the valve cover bolts in the head, and realized I ordered the wrong power steering pump and water pump.

Used a die to fix the old crankshaft bolt and use it as a thread chaser, worked just fine. Was able to get the valve cover bolt out with some needle nose pliers. Returning the incorrect accessories and ordering a new set that will work with the Corvette LS2 pulley. Still on the hunt for an LS6 intake and T56.

Been contemplating the brake booster issue, I’m going to give the booster from a Mercedes 190E a shot. Read about them fitting in LS swapped E36s.

Comment

Boy what a weekend, got the sloppy stage 2 cam installed and the PAC 1218 valve springs but it was a fight.

Thrashed the first 4-5 threads in the crankshaft, broke off one of the valve cover bolts in the head, and realized I ordered the wrong power steering pump and water pump.
              Used a die to fix the old crankshaft bolt and use it as a thread chaser, worked just fine. Was able to get the valve cover bolt out with some needle nose pliers. Returning the incorrect accessories and ordering a new set that will work with the Corvette LS2 pulley. Still on the hunt for an LS6 intake and T56.

Been contemplating the brake booster issue, I’m going to give the booster from a Mercedes 190E a shot. Read about them fitting in LS swapped E36s.

E36 has a lot more room. I couldn't get a 7" diameter booster to fit on my E30 SBF swap without moving it over several inches, and there's even less room on an LS. I ultimately went remote mount E34 booster.

Comment

Originally posted by Elysian View Post
                E36 has a lot more room. I couldn't get a 7" diameter booster to fit on my E30 SBF swap without moving it over several inches, and there's even less room on an LS. I ultimately went remote mount E34 booster.

You have a picture of your set up you could send me/post?

Comment

Comment

I’m using the Corvette brackets and accessories, they sit more on top of the engine rather than around the middle. I’m hoping it creates more room between the frame rail and makes maintenance on the accessories easier.

Comment

Can I link to another forum? Well whatever here ya go... https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...failure-s.html

Get yourself a new/rebuilt alternator from a truck believe 145 amp.

I believe I have Fbody mounts and no issues, the PS pump sits DS top with alt just below, no AC. I would also consider just going the easy way out with manual brakes. Up to you. Also, I would go with an aftermarket clutch master such as a 7/8” wilwood. Currently in the process of converting mine and rebuilding my T56. Shit ya might as well install a new FW, PP, disk while your in there. Well, might as well tear down the T56 and make sure everything is good to go. Delete the reverse lockout as well. I believe sikky sells a kit for this.

-Nick

Comment

I’m using the Corvette brackets and accessories, they sit more on top of the engine rather than around the middle. I’m hoping it creates more room between the frame rail and makes maintenance on the accessories easier.

Hard to go wrong using Corvette (at least C5+) parts... Look at that sexy light weight die casting... it's almost like Chevy took lessons from BMW or something.

Comment

Engine is coming along, still getting the accessories together. LS6 intake just arrived, still waiting on a few power steering pump parts (reservoir tube and bracket), and a water pump. Finding a reasonable T56 is really the biggest challenge so far. Found one 3 hours away and when I was getting ready to make the drive the guy messages me and says he just sold it. Holding off on getting the Sikky kit until I source the trans.

Comment

Finding a reasonable T56 is really the biggest challenge so far. Found one 3 hours away and when I was getting ready to make the drive the guy messages me and says he just sold it. Holding off on getting the Sikky kit until I source the trans.

Have you thought about running the CD009? its a good trans for about half the price.
                            sigpic

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=420591 5.3 LSA build in progress :devil:

Comment

Originally posted by Supadave View Post
                              Have you thought about running the CD009? its a good trans for about half the price.
                              I've seen this suggestion before but if an LS to cd009 adapter is an extra 5-800 depending on who you go through I don't know that it's that much better of an option?
                              84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
                              Manual swap all the things!

Comment

Originally posted by iansane View Post
                                I've seen this suggestion before but if an LS to cd009 adapter is an extra 5-800 depending on who you go through I don't know that it's that much better of an option?

There’s actually one near me that’s already modified to fit an LS for $2000. Haven’t found any measurements of it with the Collins kit. I was to make sure it fits the stock hole for the shifter.

Comment

Working...
                                X