No announcement yet.

Switching out questions for a Bosch ECM 0 261 200 380 instead of 0 261 200 153

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Switching out questions for a Bosch ECM 0 261 200 380 instead of 0 261 200 153

Hello all
    I’m sure this question has been asked several times on this site however. My car has a Bosch ECM 0 261 200 153 in it now and I recently came into a Bosch 0 261 200 380 ECM with a Conforti chip number 380-300. My question is I’d really like to use the ECM that has the chip in it( 0 261 200 380)Is this possible and if so what all is involved. Thanks ahead of time. Geoff.

Having not done it myself, but having read previously I believe you are on Motronic 1.1, and if you want to go to 1.3 you should just be able to swap the DMEs with no other components since they are both 55pin connectors.

Comment

^+1
      The 380 is just a M1.3 M20 ECU from a '90/91 car, and is equivalent to a 173 DME. M1.3 is plug and play coming from M1.1 (like the -153 you currently have)
      Originally posted by priapism
      My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
      Originally posted by shameson
      Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

The Conforti chip is kinda meh. But, the 380 will work just fine in your car. And I wouldn't throw away the original yet... it turns out finding some of these old stock computers in working condition is getting hard. you might be able to resell it or get it refurbished down the line.
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
          The Conforti chip is kinda meh. But, the 380 will work just fine in your car. And I wouldn't throw away the original yet... it turns out finding some of these old stock computers in working condition is getting hard. you might be able to resell it or get it refurbished down the line.
          Well nothing is wrong with mine I just fell into this computer with the chip already in it. So it’s like a free upgrade for me. No I definitely don’t throw computers away I have three extra at the moment, need one LOL.

Comment

Also I seem to have read somewhere where you can’t do the stomp test with The 153. is it possible to do the stomp test with the 380. I mean that little feature alone would be worth it I would think for me but then again I don’t know much about these cars, i’m kind a new to this e30 scene.

Comment

I think that is correct, although the diagnostics in the Motronic 1.3 DME is pretty crude and limited in scope. Then again, the whole thing is really simple..
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
              X