Horn pin no longer exists, what now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horn pin no longer exists, what now?

Hey folks, my contact pin recently broke. I wanted to go order a new one but it doesn't exist anywhere. It did about a month ago but I'm late to the party. You can't even find them second-hand like on eBay or Amazon, so does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do to fix the problem without a direct wire into the horns themselves?

Thanks!

This happened to me. At first I drove without the horn for a while, had a few close calls with idiot drivers on the road. Not Safe! I rewired horn to a red push button from RadioShack and mounted it in one of the blank switch cover next to hazard flasher switch. This did the job but I was not quite happy with the it's placement, felt odd.
    I scored one at the junkyard a few months later out of a e24 which uses the same pin and got my horn button on the steering wheel to work once again.
    Good luck to you.
    » PARTS FOR SALE
    » TRANSACTION FEEDBACK

Comment

Unfortunately i am still looking for a solution with no luck i stick a long pen spring and is doing the job 80% lol.

Comment

You an buy that spring loaded pin new from the dealer...

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
        @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Wait, which dealer is that? Everyone I called doesn't have it, is it the (32-33-1-350-750) pin?

Comment

Welp, looks like its NLA... I just ordered one over last winter...

Might be able to find one off a parts car. 32 33 1 350 750 is a good part number..

Parts been dropping like flies. :( Whatever that means.

Make sure the dealer check stock in warehouses and if they can check if any other dealers show stock. If they acting lazy just tell them to do their job.

Good chance they are all gone and will have to keep out on ebay for a NOS also.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
            @Zakspeed_US

Comment

We're getting to the point where we gotta start fixing parts instead of replacing them.

Any idea what might be wrong with it? Does it still compress?

You might be able to find a similar one from that era that could work. Looks like horn contact pins are all pretty similar.
              Instagram
              Build Thread

F87 2020 M2 Competition Coupe Long Beach Blue/Black w/Blue Stitching
              F22 2014 M235i Coupe Estoril Blue/Black (Sold)
              E46 2003 325xi Sedan Jet Black/Natural Brown Leather
              E30 1989 325i Vert Bronzitbeige Metallic/Natural
              E30 1986 325es Coupe Alpine White/Pearl Beige

Comment

Yeah, the actual cable snapped, and when I took the wheel off to fix my odometer, it fell into the steering wheel hole. It's definitely going to be an important item when my inspection comes up. Maybe I could try and jimmy rig some sort of wire, but I'd hate to have my horn get stuck and just have it constantly going off on the highway LOL

Comment

Working...
                X