X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoffbrohaus
    replied
    Originally posted by ADEN View Post
    In e30 my problem with ac is the air recirculation not 100% flaps closed and still air pass the blower casing and degrade ac outcome, i got fed up and only closing the vents under the windshield works for me temporarily.

Check that you have 0 fresh air sucked by the blower motor since your system is all new.
    How do I check that? turn recirc on, fan on 4 and feel the vents outside by the windshield for suction? (I'll try when I get home from work)

Originally posted by e30davie
    Did you replace the TX valve too? and or is it defiantly an r134a one? and is the pressure switch the right one for r134a?

What did the shop say? if its not cold and is an issue any of the pressure components it should have been picked up with the gauge set.

For what its worth I converted to R134a with the sanden as well with new tx valve and dryer, but reused the original r12 condensor and evap. And its freezing cold. coldest AC ive had in a car for a long time.
    I replaced the condenser, expansion valve, pressure switch, dryer/receiver, o-rings, and evap core. all R134A parts. What is the TX valve? The shop told me to bring it back for another pressure check and I have not yet, I just hesitate because they charged me so much before, I guess I should bring it back and I'll make it clear they can't charge me to check their work.

Even with a PF condenser, the system benefits with the aux fan set to run on high.

Originally posted by tzantushka
    What condenser speed are you running - hi or lo?
    Also what evap fan speed are you running when you take the measurements?
    The Aux fan is stock and set to run the way it is from the factory. Ii thought it would automatically run on high with the AC button on, certainly when it's 105 degrees out would it not?
    Fan speed was at full speed, 4, but doesn't matter same temps at fan speed of 2.

Leave a comment:

• Tzantushka
    replied
    Originally posted by Hoffbrohaus View Post
    Curious to see what vent temps you guys are seeing after your R134a conversion.
    As the other guys mentioned, depends on how far your R134a conversion extends.
    I ended up doing a full R134a retrofit.
    Vent temps depend on ambient & operating conditions - mine were about 42F - see detail here

Even with a PF condenser, the system benefits with the aux fan set to run on high.

What condensor speed are you running - hi or lo?
    Also what evap fan speed are you running when you take the measurements?

Leave a comment:

• e30davie
    replied
    Did you replace the TX valve too? and or is it defiantly an r134a one? and is the pressure switch the right one for r134a?

What did the shop say? if its not cold and is an issue any of the pressure components it should have been picked up with the gauge set.

For what its worth I converted to R134a with the sanden as well with new tx valve and dryer, but reused the original r12 condensor and evap. And its freezing cold. coldest AC ive had in a car for a long time.

Leave a comment:

• ADEN
    replied
    In e30 my problem with ac is the air recirculation not 100% flaps closed and still air pass the blower casing and degrade ac outcome, i got fed up and only closing the vents under the windshield works for me temporarily.

Check that you have 0 fresh air sucked by the blower motor since your system is all new.

Leave a comment:

• Hoffbrohaus
    started a topic New converted AC not cold enough

New converted AC not cold enough

Curious to see what vent temps you guys are seeing after your R134a conversion. I'm in Arizona so with ambient air at 105 degrees at best I'll get 60ish at the vent. I have to be moving for that. 70ish at idle. My e46 is showing 40 degrees at the vent. I replaced everything, new lines, dryer, evap, condenser, new not cheap sanden compressor. Had it charged at an AC shop. So is 60 the best I can expect or do I need to check something like that PITA probe behind the dash in the evap thing?
Working...
X