Fuel Hose Clamps Will Not Tighten...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • roguetoaster
    replied
    That's not really an appropriate clamp for a fuel line. Ideally you want a specific fuel line style clamp which normally does not have exposed "teeth" but instead has a solid sliding surface.

    Also, most clamps have a fairly specific range of effectiveness, which that as little as a couple of mm outside of that may make it torque out/slip or clamp out of round.

    Leave a comment:


  • chill
    started a topic Fuel Hose Clamps Will Not Tighten...

    Fuel Hose Clamps Will Not Tighten...

    Changed my fuel pump, but now the hoses are leaking due to weak clamps. Everytime I tighten the clamp it backs out, sounds stupid I know but it won’t catch the next ‘tooth.’

    I picked up even smaller hose clamps from Autozone just now and the same thing happens. It just doesn’t tighten and becomes loose again...

    I’m using a 1/4 socket. Any ideas?

    Update: T-Clamps working beautifully; ordering a new hose for piece of mind.

    Final Update: New hose is on, with the T-Clamps. No leaks! Time for a shower, and a full tank of 91. Thanks everyone for the help.
    Last edited by chill; 04-05-2022, 08:54 AM. Reason: Final Update [Solved]
Working...