They are high quality, I put them all back together and have them in storage for the future lol.
Final Update: Everything is finally back together with the new hose. Finally I can hear my baby purr without the annoying pump* whining; no leaks!
Fuel Hose Clamps Will Not Tighten...
Collapse
X
-
unless your original clamps are damaged by someone, those things are stainless, top quality and don't go bad. My jeep wrangler has a few clamps that say w.germany now :D as what they used from the factory (china made painted steel tension clamps) rusted in a matter of a few years. W. Germany is no more as a countrty but those clamps live onLeave a comment:
-
Thanks to everyone for the advice, T-Clamps were a bit of a struggle to get on initially but work extremely well. Updated the OP; might as well order a new hose since no gas is leaking anymore. Think my tank is empty now haha.Leave a comment:
-
-
You can readily acquire a line clamp that will keep the vast majority of the fuel held in place.
Also, if you are at that point where you need to cut the line to find a fresh section you are at the point where you need to replace the rubber line.Leave a comment:
-
imperial hose clamps suck. the exposed worm gear and exposed serrations allow the clamp to cut into the hose, as you torque it down tighter. i hate hate hate those things with a fucking passion.
you want OE BMW hose clamps, it's what the cars were assembled with when they were new. 07 12 9 952 104, 12-15mm, perfect for an 8x13 fuel hose.Leave a comment:
-
-
If you have the length cut the fuel line down a bit so you are clamping on a new bit.Leave a comment:
-
Yep, those are the ones! I tried reusing them, but I'm sure they weren't meant to last from '85 lol. I think the fuel hose is just too squished from over the years; I'm sure if I had a new pair and fresh hose, it would've worked like a charm.Leave a comment:
-
Genuine BMW clamps are quite nice if you can make it to your dealer. P/N ends in 104Leave a comment:
-
Just ordered one-day on a set, thank you brother.That clamp is miles to big. so you are trying to bend it around a small pipe when it was designed for a larger pipe.
The best fuel clamps ive come across are the T Bar ones specifically designed for fuel line, like this -
https://www.efihardware.com/products...el-hose-clamps
Leave a comment:
-
They worked fine for the fuel pump I had, but that thing was so loud and annoying hah. Once I put in the new pump, the clamps just couldn't take the actual functioning pressure, I guess. Much thanks.Leave a comment:
-
That clamp is miles to big. so you are trying to bend it around a small pipe when it was designed for a larger pipe.
The best fuel clamps ive come across are the T Bar ones specifically designed for fuel line, like this -
https://www.efihardware.com/products...el-hose-clamps
Leave a comment:
-
Not quite, the OE clamps are like an embossed metal strip, the clamps that really don't work are the through stamped ones. I too am not sure why BMW thought those OE clamps were correct, but they were at least of good quality, so they often worked well enough.Leave a comment:
-
Odd, the OEM clamps are the exact same ‘tooth’ style type. The solid sliding surface type seems like my best bet, thanks.That's not really an appropriate clamp for a fuel line. Ideally you want a specific fuel line style clamp which normally does not have exposed "teeth" but instead has a solid sliding surface.
Also, most clamps have a fairly specific range of effectiveness, which that as little as a couple of mm outside of that may make it torque out/slip or clamp out of round.Leave a comment:

Leave a comment: