Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

89 cranks and almost starts but engine starts shaking ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

89 cranks and almost starts but engine starts shaking ?

hey guys so i tried getting my 1989 automatic 325i up and running it cranks almost starting but it starts to shake around and then just dies, tried giving it a little bit of gas and nothing still. Before it died on me i was having idle issues, it would start up strong like nothing but then after a little of warming up it would rev up and down, drove fine except sometimes when i made a right hand turn the rpms would drop and would take a little bit longer to get up to speed, weird? so it would start fine but after me going into stores and coming back out to start it again i would have to give it so,e gas after it turned over to get it not to die and just stay on. idk if it has something to do with vacuum seals? hoping that someone recognizes this issue. any advice is welcome and i thank y’all i’m advance.
    video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

What all have you checked and/or replaced so far? Is your fuel pump in good order? What about your ignition system. How old is it? What about your relays. As in the Main and fuel pump relay. Are they old and sticking? Is your CPS reading correctly? Is your temp sensor reading correctly? Do you have spark? What have you changed prior to it giving you issues? Are you missing any grounds? Are they corroded? Do you have a 13 button OBC? The 13 OBC has an immobilizer in it.
    I would make a list on here of what you have replaced and checked. Then go from there.

88' Seta 2.7i Zinno

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...430-my-88-seta

Comment

Put a fuel pressure gage on it at the manifold. I'll bet the pressure is low.

If it is, it is likely to be a clogged fuel filter or bad fuel pump.

Comment

Working...
      X