No announcement yet.

How low does the window supposed to go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 91 vert's windows go all the way down.

Comment

85 eta, they go all the way down on driver side then 1/8 of an inch showing on passenger
      Flickr
      Originally posted by Indecline06
      For some reason, when I get super duper ultra stoned... The M30 motor reminds me of big bird from sesame street.

Comment

85 318, they go all but a couple of mm, its really small the amount that sticks out. if they are halfway up though they tend to rattle though.
        1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
        You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Originally posted by ben312 View Post
          mine will not roll all the way down. its just to that point where it is an annoying little bump in my arm if i try to put it out the window. but in my friend's old 85 the windows went down flush.
          That's it - I'm buying an '85. My '88 325i sedan leaves half an inch of glass sticking up on all 4 windows. Very sucky for the ol' elbow.

On my '89 vert and '92 vert the windows go down all the way.
          "If the sky were to fall tomorrow, the tall would die first."

-Dr. Paul Forrester

Do I LOOK like I need a psychological evaluation???

Comment

Originally posted by slow e30 View Post
            really? so the plates where the window gets tightened to the hardware isnt adjustable? i beg to differ, as i have done it on a older e30 i had.

it too was an eta, a 85 to be exact.
            oh, well the late models I've owned didn't seem to
            1989 cirrisblau-metallic 325i

Comment

Looks like I'm going to take my door apart soon and see if anything can be done with the window.

Mixed responses left more questions than answers... interesting.

Comment

Mine goes all the way down. Well, probably 1 or 2 mm sticking out, I don't even notice it if I don't pay attention to it. And my elbow has been out the window more than not.
                '86 eta,

1992 BMW 525iT Calypso
                2011 Jeep Wrangler

Comment

My 92 convertible windows sit flush, but my moms 87 eta dont sit flush, I think they used to, but the regulators went bad and I think thats what the problem is, because when raising the drivers side window, it doesnt raise high enough to seal tightly. They also click really loudly when they reach the top or the bottom.
                  1992 325i Convertible

Comment

mine go all the way flush. all 4 of them.

SC*AR

Originally posted by JamesE30
                    And with a car looking like yours I imagine the balance shall tip in the favor of insult, like a big fat fucking retarded fucking black girl on a see-saw, opposite... a dwarf.

Comment

Originally posted by Vovchandr View Post
                      Looks like I'm going to take my door apart soon and see if anything can be done with the window.

Mixed responses left more questions than answers... interesting.
                      If you do get them to go all the way let us know what you did. I will definitely do mine.
                      sigpic

Comment

had an 87 325is flush
                        had an 89 2dr 325i no flush
                        have a 90 325is flush

had an e36m3 4dr and only pass stuck up 1/8 - 1/4 inch brought it to dealership, they fixed it for free and said it was kind of common do to the scissor style.

Comment

Working...
                        X