No announcement yet.

HELP!! Car won't start!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah, but it won't even crank, or the starter solenoid won't even click.

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

Take your battery to the nearest auto parts store, they may be able to test it and/or charge it. Do that. I thought I had a good battery... turned to be wrong. Now I'm using my boats deep cycle battery, works every time.

matt

Comment

YOU HAVE A DEAD FUCKING BATTERY

I swear to god, I have no patience at all for people who ask how to solve a problem, and then argue withe everyone that tells them how to fix it, when they all say the same thing.

Comment

Yup, a dead battery. 100% dead battery. That's why when I stick in a battery from a car that cranks I get the same thing. Thanks for your useless post.

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

Your attitude sucks. You don't tell us everything you've done, and then get pissy when we give you ideas.

Tell your parents to sell your car and buy you a Honda.

-Charlie
            Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
            '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
            FYYFF

Comment

Hit the starter with a hammer. No joke.

Maybe it's teh starter.
              R.I.P 07/01/09 - 04/23/10 :(

Comment

For anyone that cares, it was the starter relay.

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

Originally posted by Axxe
                  yeah, but it won't even crank, or the starter solenoid won't even click.
                  if you have a test light check voltage at seloniod, but since you said only one light was on in your dash then i would assume that it wasnt your starter. so next i would test for voltage at the alternator (if it died you may have drivin your car home on the batt. and then it didnt have enough power to start your car). if your batt. is only a year old i highly doubt its dead, a well maintaned battery will last more than 3 years.
                  '91 318is

Comment

Well, my car was born an automatic, so the starter relay that closes the cicuit when the car is in neutral or park was blown. Ripped apart half my interior to find the connection was shorting out. So it was definately the battery :roll:

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

Well, my car was born an automatic, so the starter relay that closes the cicuit when the car is in neutral or park was blown. Ripped apart half my interior to find the connection was shorting out. So it was definately the battery :roll:
                      You told us you "checked all the fuses & relays", obviously you didn't. How were we to know your hack mechanic skills broke something?

-Charlie
                      Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
                      '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
                      FYYFF

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie
                        You told us you "checked all the fuses & relays", obviously you didn't. How were we to know your hack mechanic skills broke something?

-Charlie
                        What you could have known is that I said many times that it is definately not the battery. About the relay - everyone makes mistakes, so stop making it personal by attacking me in every thread. It's hardly my fault that I said it wasn't the battery, yet you kept insisting that it was. Meh, problem is solved, move on in life, and forget this thread existed.

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

I had the same problem last month. Have you checked the connections at the starter.
                          I'll sleep when I'm dead

Comment

I already fixed the problem, and the one of the first things I checked was the starter connections. They were fine, but I cleaned them up anyway.

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

Working...
                            X