No announcement yet.

Rewiring an E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My '89 seems to prime, but the '87 does not.

I think I am gonna put an LED on that wire and drive it that way for a few days

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by n0m4d View Post
      I spent sometime looking over the problem last night and this is clearly one of the troubled areas. I do not have anything connected any of those connectors that come out of the DME harness. There are 4 connectors, a BL/GY, a RD/BL, a BR/RD and a 3 wire BK/BL, GR, WH (or WH/YW?).

The OBC harness was cut about 2' back and I think the 3 wire connector came from there so I need to sit down with the ETM and figure out where to reconnect them to. There doesn't seem to be corresponding colors downstream of the OBC harness. The green is switched power but I don't know what the other 2 are.

I think the BL/GY is the ebrake sensor and the RD/BL is the Park/Neutral so I'm not as concerned about those. I don't know what the BR/RD connector goes to.

Another concern is the lack of switched power in the harness. I assume most of the green wires in the harness should show 12v when the ignition is on but they don't. I'm concerned that the instrument cluster (which does get power w/ ignition) was necessary to trip a relay somewhere.

Anyway, since you guys were so helpful I thought I'd update you :).
      I found just the pic for ya.

The unplugged connector in the bottom right of the pic is the three pin connector in question, coming out of the DME harness. If you look in the upper left of the picture, you will see another three pin connector that is mated. Disconnect the upper left connector, and mate it with the lower right connector.

BTW thats some top secret shit right there. Shhh. Can't let the car thieves know bypassing the 80s anti-theft system is that easy. ;)
      Attached Files
      -Dave
      2003 Lincoln Towncar | 1992 BMW 325iC | 1968 Cadillac Deville

Need some help figuring out the ETM?

Comment

Originally posted by NC325iC View Post
        dont know what m20 youve been working on but my 89 primes everytime the key goes to ON
        Really? My car still didn't prime running the 173 DME. I'll go look at the '89 and '90 that run and see what they do. You definitely have my curiosity piqued.
        -Dave
        2003 Lincoln Towncar | 1992 BMW 325iC | 1968 Cadillac Deville

Need some help figuring out the ETM?

Comment

Working...
        X