fuel pump / electrical problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuel pump / electrical problem

the person before me who owned this car had a blow and go DUI thing and one i got the car after i drive the it for a month or two the car wont turn on. i later had noticed that the fuel pump relay was loose i reconnected it and it ran great. about a week ago 3 months from the fuel pump issue the car is starting to idle real rough and it cut off on me and would turn back on, so i was stranded on the side of 66 for three hours waiting for a tow truck to come. so is this problem caused from the blow and go thing (i have no idea how they work) or could it be another wire that i missed.
    #Treadlifematters

Blow and go affects only the starter, not the issue here.

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

yea i guess i dont know what to do now i need help
      #Treadlifematters

Comment

Take the fuel line going into the engine (put it in a cup or something to hold gas) and crank it. If fuel gets into cup, fuel pump is probably okay. If no gas appears, check fuel pump connectors (intank ones go bad OFTEN), fuel relay and fuel pump.

Comment

ok would be the reason it cut of on me on the high way?
          #Treadlifematters

Comment

Yes, Fuel pump relay dying, the fuel pump itself going bad or the connectors to it going bad. I've seen it all happen that way.

Comment

im pretty sure the pump is fine its the relay im almost 100% sure are they hard to find?
              #Treadlifematters

Comment

Pull your back seat out, pull the fuel pump cover.When it fucks up, smack the fuel pump. Generally, just smacking it with your hnd is enough, but might need more than that, like a tap from a screwdriver handle or whatever.If that keeps your pump humming, it is the pump. Otherwise, main relay or fuel pump relay, or both.

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

ok im gonna check that tomorrow
                  #Treadlifematters

Comment

are you sure blow and go is hooked to the starter, i mean the factory "CODE" start disable is a fuel pump cut, they could have tapped into that?
                    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
                    Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

i have no idea what it does i just want to be able to drive my car without worrying about it cutting off on me on the highway
                      #Treadlifematters

Comment

Originally posted by Bothfeetin View Post
                        i have no idea what it does i just want to be able to drive my car without worrying about it cutting off on me on the highway
                        Wait, is it starting or not? From what I can tell from your first post, you stated is wasn't starting... Please be more concise with your post and try to use some grammar. We are trying to help you out here, but you need to help us understand your problem.

Comment

it starts sometimes and sometimes it does not, the reason i posted this is because my car cut off on me when i was on my way home from work, then it would not start after i got to the side of the road it would turn over but it would catch that is the problem. I cant identify ifs ether its an electrical problem or a fuel pump relay problem both of which are affected with a blow and go from what i have herd that is why i need help i am going to look at it today to see if any is loose again
                          #Treadlifematters

Comment

when the fuel pump is on it's way out the car may start and run and then cut out. this is symptomatic of the fuel pump. these usually start going around the 200,000 km mark or equal in miles. Just because fuel reaches the rail doesn't mean you are getting adequate fuel pressure in the system to keep the car going. check fuel pressure first. but do make sure your fuel relay is good and secure as well.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NC325iC View Post
                              are you sure blow and go is hooked to the starter, i mean the factory "CODE" start disable is a fuel pump cut, they could have tapped into that?
                              Yes, I am 100% sure. Simple answer is lawyers.

If you built a blow and go that required random testing while driving (ALL of them do) at some point and you missed that test and it shut your car off...well, the blow and go manufacturer would get their ass handed to them in a courtroom.

Trust me (or PM "Spyhunter", he is/was a tech in that field) NONE of them do anything but kill the starter.

Closing SOON!

Comment

Working...
                              X