IX offset?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IX offset?

I feel kind of stupid asking this but what does IX offset mean? Do IX's only fit a certain size of wheel?

Thanks
    sigpic

1991 325IC
    1991 325IX
    2003 330XI

The offset is the depth of the hub on the rim. IX offset is ET41. and IX rim will fit other e30s but you'll need to get spacers to bring the wheel further out towards the fender because the offset will cause the wheel to rub the inner fender or parts of the suspension. Likewise you can put a regular e30 wheel on an IX. because the IX set up has already compensated for the depth of the hub. So a regular wheel will stick out a bit more on an IX since the offset is say 25 or 33. Which means the hub is shallower on non IX rims.
    sigpic

Comment

OK, so I know non-iX E30 rims fit on the iX without rubbing, but are there any potential problems that might disturb the AWD system or any driving or steering/handling issues by using 14" basketweaves from an RWD E30 on a E30 iX (manual trans)? I ask because I own a perfect set of 14" basketweaves with fresh tires, and my 15" iX rims and tires are in poor shape.

Comment

they will work just fine.

problems only arise with the awd when you run staggered tire sizes.
        AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by OttoBob View Post
          OK, so I know non-iX E30 rims fit on the iX without rubbing, but are there any potential problems that might disturb the AWD system or any driving or steering/handling issues by using 14" basketweaves from an RWD E30 on a E30 iX (manual trans)? I ask because I own a perfect set of 14" basketweaves with fresh tires, and my 15" iX rims and tires are in poor shape.
          they'll work just fine

Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
          X