parallel condenser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by immajackuup View Post
    how's the a/c treating you redsubdivisions???
    It works excellent now. Before I would dread getting into my car in the middle of the day and now I don't mind it at all.
    1989 325i - 2.7i, Holset H1C, 60lb injectors, whodwho MS-PNP.
    2012 Passat TDI - DD Duty
    2008 GMC Yukon XL Denali - Kiddie hauler/grocery getter

Comment

I tried this.......

I cut the resistor out of the electrical loop of my aux fan. There are 2 wires going to the resistor. The black low speed fan wire was cut and heat shrinked and zip tied back not to be used and out of the way. Spliced, soldered + heat shrinked the high speed wire directly to the fan motor. Did the same to the ground wire coming off the fan( brown to ground). I had Peter @ Road and Race pull the fuse box and underneath he wired or disconnected the low side of the the aux fan so that the high speed comes on every time the a/c button is pushed. I'm talking ice cold R134. In the 40's at the center vents in Southeast Fla weather. I have been keeping an eye on fuse 18 = aux fan. So far so good. I have been told that this system will work with either high or low speed because the fan is on all the time when a/c is used. How ever I am going to see if it would be better to have the high speed fan totally on its own circuit + relay, but wired to power up when the a/c button comes on.

Be blessed..........................................G .

Anybody got any better ideas lets hear them. Just my .02 cents.

Comment

why not cut resistor out,plug it straight to electric fan then change low side fuse to 30???

Comment

The one thing I've learned in all my research about A/C is that two cars with comparable work done will arrive at the same result.

Or not.

Comment

did supreme condensers run out or something? It redirects me to customer service when I try to add to cart

Comment

Originally posted by pandaboo911 View Post
              did supreme condensers run out or something? It redirects me to customer service when I try to add to cart
              no,you just have to call to make a order. GOOD LUCK WITH PHONE ATTENDANT!!!!

Comment

compare

parallel
                h-14inch
                w-17 1/2
                line 34

oem
                h-13 1/2
                w18 1/2
                thickness is about the same.

drill and cut mounting brackets.

People that are having trouble lining up their mounting brackets or saying is short,I call bs.

My retrofit r134 plugs,close hood without a problem including with cap on.

Comment

Originally posted by immajackuup View Post
                  no,you just have to call to make a order. GOOD LUCK WITH PHONE ATTENDANT!!!!
                  Holy shit, I forgot to mention this in the writeup. When you deal with this lady, make sure you have at least 30-45 minutes of free time and patience. She barely understands English and my best advice to you is to spell everything out to her.

Comment

Btw, immajackuup...did yours not come with fan mounting brackets? Mine did....

Comment

Originally posted by redsubdivisions View Post
                      Btw, immajackuup...did yours not come with fan mounting brackets? Mine did....
                      My condenser did have mounting brackets ,but I cut if off because of my 16in electric spal fan.

The parallel condenser is a big improvement to me.

At idle 55F

Cruising around town at 30mph
                      50f

On freeway going 50mph and up 43-50F

My car doesn't have tint and this is in 102F heat. Before with r12 oem condenser It was only pushing 55-60F.

Florida got nothing on Houston heat plus humidity.
                      Last edited by immajackuup; 08-23-2011, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X