Blower motor question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blower motor question.

My blower motor is on it's way out. The bearings on the shaft on one side has a ton of play. I don't want to spend a fortune on a new one but looking at localish auto wreckers is confusing me. My car is an '87 325e. Do I need the aluminum (siamesed water inlet) or plastic (separate water inlet). Or does it matter. When I had it apart it was a Behr unit for sure.

I'm confused too cause I wasn't aware the blower motor had any water inlet.

Comment

You are talking about two different things so no...it doesn't matter. What could matter is the 3-4 speed blower. I think only the very early 318i and 325e had 3 speed blowers. Try to get a 4 speed blower as it will have the correct resistor pack already on it.
      "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
      88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
      91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

I'm assuming it's referring to the heater core, and that maybe there was a slight difference in the blower motor based on which heater core you had. My car has 3 fan speeds.

Comment

Does your car have ac? If so, u have the aluminum pipes and siamesed inlet/outlet core.
          "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
          88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
          89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
          91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

No AC.
            Does it really matter for the blower motor though?

Comment

Originally posted by dwvw View Post
              No AC.
              Does it really matter for the blower motor though?
              Yes, it really does

this is the most common setup. on both my 86 325es and 88 325is that had ac from factory, they both have the same motor

yours on the other hand, seems to have the blower unit listed in this schematic
              If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Working...
              X