No announcement yet.

POLL!!! S54 - S62 - S65 - S85 For E30 Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out of those choices, money being no object. given the characteristics of the car and the engine's it has to be the s65.

High revving low torque v8 engine. It fits the personality of the original S14, you gotta work it and make it scream like the slut it wants to be.

It weighs less than the S54 and makes almost twice the power of the S50/52 motors. the S38/S62 are both too much high maintenance to be as reliable and the S85 is just a bonkers motor that pushes the weight distribution too far off in the chassis. That being said you can still stroke the S65 out to 4.6L and make 530 HP N/A if you think 414 isn't enough :rofl:

Comment

I voted for the period correct swap though I think the s54 is the best bang for the buck.

Comment

I think the S65 would not need to be worked too hard to rip down the road. It has a wide, flat powerband that starts at around 3K and stretches all the way to redline. You should be able to easily break the tires loose in an E30 in third gear.

Originally posted by whysimon
        WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Originally posted by FredK View Post
          I think the S65 would be awesome in an E30, and it weighs less than an S54. It would shred, and an 8000 RPM V8 sounds insane. It's a little on the cost prohibitive side for the time being, though.
          Werd, and the weight is more towards the center

Comment

What engines that are on the list or not that has not been swapped in an e30 yet?
            sigpic
            91' MtechII AW/SW BAR'd S52/SC

Comment

I really would like them all, but I think I'm a sucker for an I6.

Comment

Guess i'm the only s85 lover
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                  honestly - this is a pretty lame poll.
                  Exactly what I thought too!
                  Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

S62 for me I want torque and that v8 sound the s65 has a 100lb ft less

Actually I'll take a LS7
                    1989 BMW 325is Lachsilber metallic 5 speed
                    2007 BMW 335i KARMESINROT 6 Speed manual
                    2011 BMW X5 35I

Comment

On a 2800lb car it will do just fine. I prefer the formula 1 engine note

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                      My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Do an M70, don't be a waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles! When one M20 just isn't enough.
                        1991 318i SOLD
                        2003 325i SOLD

Racecars and stuff.

Comment

S70/2 best sounding M engine

S54 sounds good to

Race cars for sale and race cars wanted, rally cars, spares, memorabilia, transporters and pit equipment for sale with on-line photos and spec sheets.
                          89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Working...
                          X