Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue wire near ebrake

Car: 1993 e30 325i cabrio

What is the small blue wire that runs through the center console area to the rear of the e brake. Removed console an it appear that It broke off of somewhere and I don't no we're its suppose to connect to or what it does. It's the only other wire that goes as far back as the rear ashtray light wire.

Anyhelp would be great or a pic of we're to rewire it to.

Is it the parking brake switch? The one that lets the cluster know your parking brake is set?

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
      Is it the parking brake switch? The one that lets the cluster know your parking brake is set?
      that is the only other wire that should be there

Comment

Unless someone ran the remote wire for an amp down the center tunnel to the trunk...

Comment

If ebrake indicator wire where does it attach I can't tell we're it broke off from. i dont see another piece of wire that looks like it would connect to. The end of the wire looks like it has a crimped piece of metal on it

Comment

Unless someone ran the remote wire for an amp down the center tunnel to the trunk...
            Most likely this. Blue is standard color for remote turn on for amplifiers.
            Owner - Bavarian Restoration
            BMW and European Electronics Repair and Restoration
            www.BavRest.com
            My Feedback Thread
            Our Facebook!
            Follow our Instagram!

Comment

Like this?

Comment

Like this?
                that piece pictured is attached to the ebrake assembly. Is the wire suppose to connect to that?

It looks to be OEM wiring not aftermarket radio wire and it is only long enought to reach to the ebrake area. So i beleive it is for the ebrake light but the car is batteryless at the moment so cant test it. Ill get pics up tonight to better explian.

Comment

Wire should have a ferrule on the end of it. It goes into the semi-circular section of the brass piece.

Comment

Think I got it in right. Have to wait for a new battery to test it but thanks for all the help figuring this out quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by vpilarrt View Post
                      Wire should have a ferrule on the end of it. It goes into the semi-circular section of the brass piece.
                      +1

Also OP, make sure the screw (that keeps the brass clasp attached to the parking brake arm) is tight. Mine was loose making the light go on and off randomly.
                      1989 325i Lachssilber Sedan
                      5-Speed Swapped
                      M30B35 Swapped
                      MegaSquirt MS3X

1987 325i Lachssilber Sedan
                      260k OEM Automatic Daily Baby

Comment

Working...
                      X