No announcement yet.

All fixed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

maybe the rain gutter that goes on the sun roof they run on the sides by the speakers. idk im just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by efficient View Post
      maybe the rain gutter that goes on the sun roof they run on the sides by the speakers. idk im just saying.

But what would make the water leaking from the sunroof drains Oily?

Comment

Take a sample in a clean glass jar. I'd find a lab to test it. Someone mentioned transformer oil, could you imagine that, find a car and dispose of the PCB's in it and sell the car. You could always chalk up to a prank. Weird!
        i'lldoitforacaravan

Comment

Water passing by the 20-30 year old tar, foam, carpet, adhesives etc can and will become stinky and oily. Its not uncommon for leaks etc.

Best bet it to remove all carpet for a while and drive it normally looking for fluid to show up. If not, then its likely from a spill that saturated in the carpet. That can take forever to clean up/out. Its best to replace the carpet at that point.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NeedaE30 View Post
            Anyone suggestions as to what to spray down or cover the interior body with to prevent rust after its all cleaned? should i bother trying to pressure wash the carpets? or am i wasting my time at that point? the fronts are good the rear is NASTY maybe cut the carpet in half and try to salvage the front lol any recommendations on a cheaper than OEM carpet alternative? I'm assuming my best bet is used
            Simple green or maybe Dawn?

My supplier has new molded carpet for coupes for $300+shipping. PM if you're interested.
            - Josh
            1990 325is

Need a shift boot?
            Looking to buy shift boot frames, PM if you have one to sell

Here's what happens when you let the internet pick your license plate

Comment

Originally posted by Van Westervelt View Post
              Best bet it to remove all carpet for a while and drive it normally looking for fluid to show up. If not, then its likely from a spill that saturated in the carpet. That can take forever to clean up/out. Its best to replace the carpet at that point.
              This. I drove for a couple months with no carpet until I could figure out my water leak.
              - Josh
              1990 325is

Need a shift boot?
              Looking to buy shift boot frames, PM if you have one to sell

Here's what happens when you let the internet pick your license plate

Comment

Pressure wash the carpet to get it clean. Works wonders. Then just squeeze out as much water as you can and let it dry for a few days. In the meantime you can drive around without the carpet in and figure out what is going on.

As far as the car goes, I'd wipe up as much as you can first with a dry rag. Then go at it with something like super clean/purple power mixed strong (I usually use a 1 to 1 mix). Should get it nice and clean. Use a nylon scrub brush if needed. Work in small 2x2 ft areas.

Comment

well i started pulling the carpet last night once i cut the rear section out(i'm just gonna trash the carpet) i started using degreaser and paper towels to clean this shit up... the sound deadening tar that has been saturated in this shit, is pretty mushy... i can scoop it off with my fingers this sucks it's probably gonna be a LONG time before i can replace the carpet as i don't trust aftermarket carpets and would prefer the nice thick OEM carpet...

Going back out to continue working on it. ill have more pics soon

Comment

Once you get the carpet out, shampoo and powerwash it. Optional shampoo again. Then, get a mini paint roller and "roll" all the water and nastyness out of the carpets. Some detailers at a shop I used to work at did this to clean out floor mats. Works like magic.

Comment

Originally posted by NeedaE30 View Post
                      Yea it seems like this oily substance has prevented any rust from starting on the inside of the rear floors...
                      Cosmoline..??

Comment

Clutch /brake fluid? Clutch master cylinder tends to leak inside the e30s.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
                          Yeah that's what it looks like to me
                          88 325is Five Speed
                          Lachssilber

Comment

Maybe your car was out having a night on the town?
                            REMASTERED IN HD!Official Music Video for Jizz In My Pants performed by The Lonely Island.Follow The Lonely Island:Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/thelon...

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

thanks guys and btw the interior is like brand new now :P

the interior isnt finished being put back together and the seats are on the wrong side yes lol

Comment

The interior looks fantastic! Did you go with a new carpet?

Did you ever find out what the substance was, or did six days of a z-pack clear it right up?

Comment

Working...
                                X