Killing the annoying door ding...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vt.bimmer
    Yeah, I was gonna say, I keep leaving my lights on and it never beeps to let me know.
    how do you leave your headlights on? Mine turns off automatically.
    ~ Go Canucks Go! ~

Comment

Originally posted by royalflush313
      Well yeah, I meant I keep leaving the headlight switch pulled out and the parking lights stay on.

Comment

I didnt take the whole unit out. There were two things pluged into the back of the unit and I pulled one connection out and the beeping stoped. Thank god.

Comment

Originally posted by erik325i
          nope. It gongs if the keys are in and the door is open, but will NOT warn you if you forget the lights on.
          And mine doesn't even do a good job at that. In every other car I've been in, it'll alert you when the door is closed but not fully closed. In my E30, the door has to be open about 5 inches before the lights turn on or the sound gongs, and if the door is open that wide, it's pretty obvious to EVERYBODY. What's the point of the gong?

Comment

Originally posted by DaveInLA
            And mine doesn't even do a good job at that. In every other car I've been in, it'll alert you when the door is closed but not fully closed. In my E30, the door has to be open about 5 inches before the lights turn on or the sound gongs, and if the door is open that wide, it's pretty obvious to EVERYBODY. What's the point of the gong?
            To be annoying.
            It would be cool if you could download a song that played when your door is open kinda like a cell phone.:rofl:

Comment

Originally posted by royalflush313
              Your headlights turn off, but your front and rear parking lights stay on, and they will drain your battery if left all day/night.

Comment

Originally posted by Eurospeed
                Your headlights turn off, but your front and rear parking lights stay on, and they will drain your battery if left all day/night.
                yes, they will. Happened to me at school and my battery was DEAD.

Comment

Then what's the point of making the car so that the headlights turn off when you take out the key? I think the sole purpose of that was so that the battery didn't drain out.

Comment

It would almost be better if your lights stayed on. It would make it more obvious, at night anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveCN
                      That is the gong and you'll have to remove the bolster.

Not true, you do not have to remove the knee bar. Look under the dash, start at the pedals and follow your way back towards the steering wheel. There are three 8mm hex cap screws holding the lower kick panel to the knee bar, remove those four bolts and there is your "door gong"... No need to remove the bolster (knee bar) to get to it.
                      Signature removed by R3VLimited staff due to a violation of the signature rules

Comment

Originally posted by Alpine-E30
                        Not true, you do not have to remove the knee bar. Look under the dash, start at the pedals and follow your way back towards the steering wheel. There are three 8mm hex cap screws holding the lower kick panel to the knee bar, remove those four bolts and there is your "door gong"... No need to remove the bolster (knee bar) to get to it.
                        You have a late-model with an airbag knee bolster, it's completely different than the non-airbag bolster. So the way Dave told him to do it IS true. Knowledge is power!

Comment

You have a late-model with an airbag knee bolster, it's completely different than the non-airbag bolster. So the way Dave told him to do it IS true. Knowledge is power!
                          Every car I have seen, the switch is in the same place. Ranging from cars with airbags to cars without.
                          Signature removed by R3VLimited staff due to a violation of the signature rules

Comment

I unscrewed two screws on the panel under the steering wheel and pulled one wire connector from the back of the gong and it stopped. There is however something else still plugged into it. Im assuming its the obc?

Comment

Working...
                            X