Converting back to manual crank sunroof

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Converting back to manual crank sunroof

is their a DIY anywhere? ive looked and its all going from manual to electric, i like the manual non powered stuff so i would like to go back to a manual sunroof. also if anyone wants to go to an electric from a manual i would do a straight swap for manual stuff.

are you sure? manual sunroofs SUCK. I'd rather take it out entirely than have a manual one (and I'm not on the "slicktop" bandwagon by any means, I use my sunroof all the time).

crank crank crank crank crank.. damn, is it open yet? nope. Crank crank crank crank crank.. almost there.. crank crank crank. ahh! Finally! Oh shit.. it's raining. FUCK.

did I mention the handles are cheap plastic and are broken on most E30s that have them?

if you want a better mod get George Grave's one touch setup for the sunroof. click. whirrrr. aahhh...
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

he lives in CA. They open the sunroof in March and close it again in November.

I had an eta that had metal crank hardware and felt like aiming a tank turret.
      Yeah, took that long, too....

t
      now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Working...
      X