Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why not try to put the whole V12 in? Anyone try that? haha

Comment

it's been done, probally one of the hardest engine swaps to do in an e30.
      85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

Originally posted by rs4pro3
        few more pics

Supprisiling v12 rebuilds have actualy been pretty well documented on the internet.
        I get what you're saying now... the intake that sticks out on the driver's side is actually connected to the passenger side head. Also, I think your probably right about the flange not being needed.

Comment

ya they criss cross in the middle. I should of grabbed the pair of intake gaskets from a 750 in the yards about 4 months ago. I yanked the rear seat(why not?) and somebody had pulled the engine and left all 4 gaskets sitting in the back seat(no manifold)

Comment

Know of any other yards that might have one laying around?

Comment

nope

Comment

Would you be interested in partnering up in R&D for the swap?

Comment

For what swap? swapping on the intake? or doing a complete v12?

Comment

Swapping the intake.. there's no way I could convince Tara I need a V12 in my E30. LOL!

Comment

sure, if I'm free. I have a spair eta cylinder head casting, you can see if the intake fits on first. I still don't think it will clear the brake booster(I was trying to adapt an m50 manifold onto the m20 at some point in time)

Comment

Originally posted by Ritalin Kid
                        Swapping the intake.. there's no way I could convince Tara I need a V12 in my E30. LOL!
                        Do it!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrcruse
                          Do it!!
                          I could only imagine that conversation..

Me: Baby I need to spend some of our saving to fix the BMW.

Tara: How much?

Me: About $4000 maybe more

Tara: WHAT?! WHY?!

Me: Because it NEEDS a V12.

Tara: WHY THE HELL DOES IT "NEED" A V12?

Me: Moar PoWa!

Tara: Why would you need "Moar PoWa" when it only takes you 15 mins to get to work from our home.

Me: Because if I had a V12 the drive to work would only be 7 mins from our home ;).

Tara:

And then I get no poon for 2 weeks for being stupid.

Originally posted by rs4pro3
                          sure, if I'm free. I have a spair eta cylinder head casting, you can see if the intake fits on first. I still don't think it will clear the brake booster(I was trying to adapt an m50 manifold onto the m20 at some point in time)
                          Cool. I'm working on getting a V12 intake so I can take some measurements.

Comment

where would the injectors go? i didnt see a spot for them on the manifold in the pic..
                            Claus Luthe is my hero.

Comment

Now that I have a picture of the entire intake.. it's looking pretty long. We may be better off to maybe cut the ends of an E30 intake off and cut a portion of the M70 intake down and weld the 2 together. I have a friend that would probably do the welding part for free.
                              Last edited by RobertK; 03-30-2006, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Now that I have a picture of the entire intake.. it's looking pretty long. We may be better off to maybe cut the ends of an E30 intake off and cut a portion of the M70 intake down and weld the 2 together. I have a friend that would probably do the welding part for free.
                                This would solve the issue for the oil return and the fact that the two ports on the m70 manifold are fliped/reversed. This looks like it would be a pretty cool mod. This way you could probably get away with using either manifold.

I think this wouldn't be too hard of a mod other then the welding part for some people. It's finding the right throttle cable and deciding what throttle body to use unless the m70 TB would work? If you need a manifold to cut up I have an eta one collecting dust. I would port the sh*t out of it though. I will give it to you for free if you are serious about this mod. Just pm your shipping address if you want it.

Comment

Working...
                                X