V12 Intake Swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In for results.
    1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
    You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Originally posted by Perry Wilson View Post
      Wow, old ass thread but awesome that someone test fitted it. I moved onto a 24V swap so I never followed through. Its really cool that someone finally did it. Interested in the results.

Comment

Originally posted by SmokeE30 View Post
        Looks decent, you going to run it?
        Thanks decent is what i was shooting for lmao and hell yeah im gonna run it. It wasnt built to look at

Comment

Wasn't sure if it was just bolted on to see how it looks/if it could work. But then again why paint it if not gonna keep it on there.

Keep us posted on what throttle body and intake boot and icv stuff you use. And just to be clear did the intake bolt right up without modification?
          Shawn @ Bimmerbuddies
          Bimmerbuddies LLC
          717-388-1256
          2971a Roundtop Rd, Middletown PA 17057
          bimmerbuddiesllc@gmail.com

Comment

Seems like it would interfere with the booster/master cylinder area?

Looks like you could also use the other side manifold and flip it and may help with clearance? But wouldn't have the pretty BMW side showing tho :)
            My M20 Frankenbuild(s)
            4 Sale - Fully Built TurnKey Megasquirt Plug and Play EMS

Comment

Not running a booster. Straight mc. And no it was cut and welded together
              i intake flange cut of stock manifold. Runners cut on v12 intake then welded to the flabfe

Comment

Holy thread resurrection, Batman...

Although, it was resurrected properly. Cool retrofit. Let's see some numbers!

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

Never saw this thread originally, great bump. Very interested in how this works out.

Comment

Runners cut on v12 intake then welded to the flabfe
                    Tell more about this flabfe.

Comment

^ I LOL'ed. I may have spit on myself a little.

Comment

I see a few opportunities for a supercharger. Maybe on top - or tucked under?

Originally posted by Matt-B
                        hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

what size are the runner entry and exit? and how long are they?
                          89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post
                            what size are the runner entry and exit? and how long are they?
                            They are the same size top and bottom amd the inside diameter is the exact same size and shape as the i manifold runners. Dont remember the length off the top of my head ill.measure when i get back home next week.

And sorry guys i meant flange stupid phone

Comment

other than looking cool how would this benefit? Anybody have any science based hp/torque gain ideas? I kinda wana do a "I" stroker at some point and this would be a cool addition to the engine if its actually worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Brezzi View Post
                                other than looking cool how would this benefit? Anybody have any science based hp/torque gain ideas? I kinda wana do a "I" stroker at some point and this would be a cool addition to the engine if its actually worth it.
                                Havent had time to run.numbers yet. But it has potential for increasing volumetric efficiency by increasing flow rate and pattern to the head. Time will tell

Comment

Working...
                                X