Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gas Door Manual Open (Central locking stopped working)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas Door Manual Open (Central locking stopped working)

Hey everyone,

My central locking stopped working today. It's stuck on "lock"

Problem is, I can't open my gas tank door. Does anyone know if theres a manual way to open the door?

I peeled back the carpet and saw the actuator...maybe for now i can try and remove the entire actuator assembly...running on 1/8 tank of gas..

You can pry it open and push in the actuator if thT doesn't work try applying 12v to the module until it retracts on its own.

Or just remove it and pop a magnet between the flap and body of the car.

Comment

1. apply 12v to the actuator.
      2. can't you just manually manipulate it if you have access to it?
      AWD > RWD

Comment

Yeah, just pull back the actuator and/or disconnect it. If I remember correctly, access isn't too bad from in the trunk.
        Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Pretty sure you can just manually push it. It doesn't "lock" in place I don't think.

Comment

Yeah, just pull the actuator plunger back to unlock the gas door. BTW, I think I have a Central locking unit laying around.
            "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
            88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
            89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
            91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Working...
            X