E30 Touring rear window washer leak at headliner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 Touring rear window washer leak at headliner

Wondering if anyone else had this issue and know which part exactly fails and what to buy to fix it. Per the parts diagram there are a bunch of hoses and pipes and I'm trying to figure out which part it is. Since weather is crap haven't had a chance to pry everything open and look.

Saw this on the E30 Wiki
    "The pipework for the rear wash-wipe is relatively simple. Fluid is poured into an access nozzle on the bottom left corner of the rear hatch (just above the rear lights) to fill the tank. From there, the pipework runs from the tank via the pump up the inside of the D-pillar, over and through the left tailgate hinge, around the left side of the tailgate side to the wiper motor.
    It is very common for the section of pipe above the tailgate hinge to split, causing a leak into the headlining every time the rear wash-wipe system is used."

My rear washer is clogged up somewhere, but not leaking. I can hear the motor buzz, but no fluid comes out.

I seems like the wiki answers your question. You may want to ask the question on the e30owners.com forum. It's based in the UK and there is more knowledge of Tourings. There is also a great thread in their DIY section for removing a Touring headliner. May be helpful when you try to fix yours.

Cory
    1992 325i Cabrio
    1988 320i Touring
    2000 M5
    1977 530i
    2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
    BMWCCA
    E30CCA

Comment

Working...
    X