No heat + Plus Temp Gage in the blue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No heat + Plus Temp Gage in the blue.

Okay so I changed my first brown temp sensor already, Tightened the nut on the back of the cluster and replaced the SI battery and still nothing.

My temperature gauge maybe moved about a couple mm when it starts and stays there barely touching the blue.

Is it possibly the T-stat? I already have a new Timing kit I was planning a installing this wednesday.

Thanks!

1990 325is

It could be but also check to make sure the valve inline with the heater core isnt stuck closed.

We have the opposite trouble, i have no heat and my gage reads in the red. My heater core valve is stuck closed though

Comment

Sounds like your thermostat is stuck in the open position.
      Your resource to do-it-yourself and interesting bmw and e30 stuff: www.rtsauto.com

Your resource to tools and tips: www.rtstools.com

Comment

t stat stuck open

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

yeah, I've had 2 tstats break in the last ~100k miles with the same results.

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys! I'll be doing my timing, water pump, and tstat on Monday. Will post if that solves my problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Llama69 View Post
              Okay so I changed my first brown temp sensor already, Tightened the nut on the back of the cluster and replaced the SI battery and still nothing.

My temperature gauge maybe moved about a couple mm when it starts and stays there barely touching the blue.

Is it possibly the T-stat? I already have a new Timing kit I was planning a installing this wednesday.

Thanks!

1990 325is
              FYI, changing the batteries on the SI board alone rarely repairs the SI board. There are about 25 capacitors, transistors and voltage regulators that must also be changed. When the 30 year old batteries fully drain, they cause the transistors to turn on and off rapidly leading to failure. Ever tap on your dash or cluster to get your cluster working? That's the transistors getting stuck.
              Owner - Bavarian Restoration
              BMW and European Electronics Repair and Restoration
              www.BavRest.com
              My Feedback Thread
              Our Facebook!
              Follow our Instagram!

Comment

Originally posted by Gregs///M View Post
                FYI, changing the batteries on the SI board alone rarely repairs the SI board. There are about 25 capacitors, transistors and voltage regulators that must also be changed. When the 30 year old batteries fully drain, they cause the transistors to turn on and off rapidly leading to failure. Ever tap on your dash or cluster to get your cluster working? That's the transistors getting stuck.
                Yea i tried tapping it many...many... times haha..nothing. Tstat will be changed tomorrow morning actually do we will know then.

Comment

Working...
                X