Best radiator for my e30?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best radiator for my e30?

Hello my radiator has a hole in it and im in the market for a new one. I have an 89 e30 and i will be turboing the m20 this summer so what are my options that are good?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Behr is worth the money,
    but I've had good luck with Nissens, too.

t
    now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

You can use an e36 m3 radiator
      Originally posted by wholepailofwater
      Q
      :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Only if 87+
        Your resource to do-it-yourself and interesting bmw and e30 stuff: www.rtsauto.com

Your resource to tools and tips: www.rtstools.com

Comment

S54 spec Z3 radiator fits without much trouble. .3" thicker and just a tad shorter so I added a bit of rubber to the oem mounts. Supposedly 3 row vs 2 row stock. As far as I can tell the e36 M3 radiator is the exact same size so no gains there.

I beat on a 300hp e30 at road atlanta with that radiator for nearly 3 hours in some fairly hot June weather. It barely got above normal operating temp.
          Euro S50 Daily Driver: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=279195

Comment

Originally posted by noid View Post
            Only if 87+
            Originally posted by DaWildBeast View Post
            I have an 89 e30
            Originally posted by wholepailofwater
            Q
            :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

A radiator is a radiator. Nothing special or complicated to it. I've been running a chinese all aluminum ebay special for 5 years. Works great. Although, it was $105, 5 years ago.

AWD > RWD

Comment

Nothing special or complicated to it.
                As long as the water stays in. I had a hell of a time with
                Cooling Depot and other parts store brands with the M42.
                Behr has been fine for the last 4 years... and cost maybe $30 more.

t
                now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

behr, koyo, mishimoto all good brands

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                  1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                  Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                  Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                  Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

I have a Chinese aluminum radiator, works good.

Comment

I've had really bad luck with stock radiators, my first e30 went through four of them and my second e30's failed just recently. I went with a CXRacing all aluminum radiator and I'm quite happy with it so far.

Comment

will a behr radiator size 550x34x440 fit the 89 325i with manual tranny and ac?

Comment

I'm running an e28 radiator, just for the fact that it mates up with the lower radiator hose better then a stock e30 core on my m30b35. I think I got a Behr for a stupid low price. As someone mentioned....what ever fits.
                          Originally posted by Matt-B
                          hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                            I'm running an e28 radiator, just for the fact that it mates up with the lower radiator hose better then a stock e30 core on my m30b35. I think I got a Behr for a stupid low price. As someone mentioned....what ever fits.
                            Thanks George I'll have to look into that. Would you or anyone else here know what e30 this radiator is for??? This is what I bought from rock auto back in Nov and my stupid self didn't realize the inlet and outlet was incorrect and just opened the box up this past weekend. So I'm stuck with this radiator as rock auto won't do an exchange since it's been so long.

Any help would be appreciated. I tried googling and it just keeps saying that it should fit my car when it obviously doesn't.

Comment

If you click on the link you gave, it gives a long number. I'm no BMW parts counter expert(there's a few guys that really know their stuff here - but that's not me), but that looks like a BMW part number: 17111712483

I'd google down the rabbit hole on that, I bet that's what you got.

You might even plug it into realoem.

Rockauto has some tempting prices, and I've used them in a pinch, but I love the service that either Blunttech.com (my fav) or Guten Parts (both forum members here that grew their business on this forum) - both will do you right.

What I like about blunttech is that I can email them and say, "Hey this part I need OEM or better - it's gotta be awesome" Or "I want the cheapest part on the planet for this order" or a combination of the two.
                              Last edited by george graves; 03-15-2017, 05:01 AM.
                              Originally posted by Matt-B
                              hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Working...
                              X