Fuel displacement blocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel displacement blocks

I have a late 325 tank in what is being raced as a 318is. The rules state I can't run the bigger tank without being bumped to a higher class. I am allowed to add displacement blocks (or balls) but which side of the tank makes the most sense? More of driver's side? Passenger side? Split them up evenly?

Not sure how you could get them on the drivers side? GL and looking forward to what you did.

Comment

Isn't there access through the sending unit hole?

Comment

Yup. 42 ping- pong balls and off you go.

Or slug the bottom of the driver's side with a 5 lb dead blow until it's
        12 smaller.

t
        now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Originally posted by TobyB View Post
          Yup. 42 ping- pong balls and off you go.

Or slug the bottom of the driver's side with a 5 lb dead blow until it's
          12 smaller.

t
          Denting the tank is the easiest option and my first choice, except the rules clearly state I can't do that. So ping pong balls (or similar) is probably the way to go. Do I put them all of the driver's side away from the pump? Do I split them up evenly?

Comment

Boy, I would put them on the driver's side, for sure.
            DO make sure they won't dissolve in fuel! THAT
            would make a holy mess!

I'm hampered by having taken apart too many other cars
            recently- isn't the late tank a 'saddle' tank, with a connected
            top? If it is, they're just going to float around up on top
            anyway, so it won't matter.

t
            now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

I'm much more familiar with the early 325 tank and the crossover tube. I thought the late style use a syphon to pull fuel over?

Comment

Working...
              X