Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

100% NoOb Right here.....and need some help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100% NoOb Right here.....and need some help.

Hey guys....Im 100% new to the bimmer world, and need some help/advice.

I have a 1989 325i 4door. Is there anything I should do when first getting this car? anything I "should" change or something to help the car run healthy?

I also ahve another problem that I need help with. My car Needs Suspention...ASAP. What setup do you guys recommed? I want a nice stiff ride.
    ( and is the installation fairly simple? )

Originally posted by rollordie View Post
    I have a 1989 325i 4door. Is there anything I should do when first getting this car?
    Search. http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/search.php

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
    @Zakspeed_US

Comment

I'd suggest never using those smilies again, then getting some spelling lessons.
      Who doesn't love a little BBQ?
      Griot's Garage at a Deep Discount

Comment

Timing belt+tensioner is a must, even if the last guys said he just replaced it. While your in there you might as well replace the waterpump and thermostat.

I would check the guibo to make sure it is in good shape and replace if needed.
        I would also make sure the car is idleing at about 650-700 rpm to make sure you do not have a vaccum leak.
        Other than that you just have to wait and see if there are other issues. The link above is very useful if you need something.

Comment

Originally posted by porsche gt1 View Post
          Timing belt+tensioner is a must, even if the last guys said he just replaced it. While your in there you might as well replace the waterpump and thermostat.

I would check the guibo to make sure it is in good shape and replace if needed.
          I would also make sure the car is idleing at about 650-700 rpm to make sure you do not have a vaccum leak.
          Other than that you just have to wait and see if there are other issues. The link above is very useful if you need something.
          1988 325ic Automatic

Comment

Welcome to R3V.

Add front control arm bushings and ball joints, Fan clutch, rear subframe mounts and any and all fluids to that list.

Luke

Closing SOON!
            "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

A good set of spark plugs, cap, and rotor are always a good idea too, especially if they haven't been done in a long time. Plugs at the very least.
              sigpic
              "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Winston Churchill

Comment

Yooo sisco! Nice to see you over here. We gotta meet up man! Rockin the '89 4 doors. 8)

- Erick
                Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
                EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
                FullOpp Stickers for sale!
                NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
                Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
                ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

yeah man.....4sure thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
                  X