Eta block with "i" head?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eta block with "i" head?

Let's say I can get a free running perfect ETA complete motor...

I have an "i" car...

So how do I make the "stroker"? What can I expect?

85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

so dont do it? rofl

Comment

Well there are better ways to do a stroker, you either have to use different pistons, or find a euro 323i head.

Comment

look at strictlyeta.net you can do the stroker conversion by getting new pistons that raise the compression back up and give the engine a hella lot more power. i plan on doing this to my eta somewhere down the road...

Comment

heres the link for the strictlyeta write up http://http://www.strictlyeta.net/technical/328i_1.html
            AWII 1991 318is - Sold
            Schwarz 1988 325is - Sold
            Schwarz 1991 325i - Driven

Comment

Ok thanks...

well I have an "i" car and I am getting a 150,000 mile ETA motor complete for free :)

Comment

i think it needs to be a super eta block for the i head to work on the budget stroker.
                AWII 1991 318is - Sold
                Schwarz 1988 325is - Sold
                Schwarz 1991 325i - Driven

Comment

The super eta block is the best to use with the I head, but an eta will work also, just has a lower cr ratio and not as much power. Halston if you want to go the cheapest route possible. Take the eta engine, and put an I cam, valve springs, etc.. on it. Port the crap out of it, then convert the electronics on the eta engine to the ones on the I engine. You will have to drill some oil journals into the head, but most any machine shop can do it for cheap. The engine in my white e30 has an eta block and head, but with an aftermarket higher duration I cam, etc...

Comment

Damn way too much work haha

Comment

or just have the head milled to get the comp. ratio back up a bit. someone else just posted last week and they had good results. I have built a few ETA block, I head motors, witht he heads milled to the max spec and I don't care what all the others say, there was a very noticable increase in the pull of the car.

Comment

How much to get milled off the head?

Comment

You can only mill so much off a head.

I've spoke with Ely about this a few times. I too just took delivery of a free eta engine. The idea is to swap the pistons and rods with a set of Super eta pistons and rods then bolt on the "i" head.

This is probably what I will be dropping into my 4dr before spring.

Comment

that is what i want to do

Comment

what does the 323 bring the compression to? i know theres a rare euroE head that has 11:1 comp

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                              @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Working...
                              X