leave power steering disconnected??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

leave power steering disconnected??

87 325e. my power steering pump pulley is rubbing through my lower coolant hose. i've never had this issue before. i' ve been running the same belt (7330) and this issue did not occur. do i have the wrong size belt? should i leave it disconnected?
    thank you Robby

On my car (323i) the lower coolant hose has a little clip that holds it on the chassis rail, keeps it away from the power steering and whatever else.

Comment

yes i have that secured to the hose, but somehow it is still hitting the pulley
      thinking power steering delete from condor might not be a bad idea

Comment

nah don't delete it. E30 power steering is great i reckon.

Check what belt you have, sounds like its too long. Have a google around to see what belt it should be. mine is a long away from the coolant hose.

Comment

Something is definitely wrong. Post up a picture so we can see.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

will post one up in the morning

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	uAfzOTnZTceIjHRc1Zrd9Q.jpg Views:	0 Size:	76.5 KB ID:	9863141
              Attached Files

Comment

• robby41
                robby41 commented
                Editing a comment
                1st photo is where it sits, took belt off so im not burning through hoses

It’s a little dark to see the pic but.... are you sure you’re using the correct lower radiator hose? Sometimes switching different manufactures of hoses will have the correct bends giving more clearance Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

i've had the same hose on there for about a year and half from the prev. owner and hadn't had an issue with it.
                could something gotten "tweaked" somehow

Comment

update:
                  right motor mount was broken

Comment

I was going to say, probably trashed motor mounts.

Comment

The correct belt can affect this problem, especially if the new belt does not match the size or design of the power steering pump. slither io

Comment

Working...
                      X