Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

car Cranks But Does Not Start. 1989 e30

Whats up guys?

I’m having fuel issues with my 89 BMW 325i Sedan. I bought the car in running and operation condition 1 month ago. Car started with no trouble. However since then, car hasn’t started. The car still cranks, however it doesn’t start.

Things I have done to the car:

Installed a brand new battery (no result)

New Spark plugs (no result)

Fuel Filter Changed (no results)

Checked the fuel pump (works but still no results)

Checked the tube leading to the fuel pressure regulator (there is fuel, but car still doesn’t start).

The only way the car starts and only for 30 seconds -1 minute is by spraying starter fluid in the throttle body and boot. This is the only way I can see my car starting up temporarily.

Before I bought the car the only problem was that fuel was leaking out the vacuum line. Leaking fuel into the intake then slipping down into the pistons. The previous owner replaced it after seeing this with a refurbished one before in my possession. This has me thinking that it is a fuel pressure regulator again (replaced) or the crank sensor.
    car

Originally posted by Gary Foods View Post

The only way the car starts and only for 30 seconds -1 minute is by spraying starter fluid in the throttle body and boot. This is the only way I can see my car starting up temporarily.
    Check the fuel pressure, with a gauge, when running it on starter fluid. I'm guessing one of the two fuel pumps are out.
    2004 525i Manual - 1985 325E Coupe Manual

Comment

89's had 1 in tank pump.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
      @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Working...
      X