Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 Genuine wheel experts out there?

Looking at two the same but different wheel sets out there:

similarity: Both sets are BMW original, 7Jx15", 4x100, the same offset, I think (one set is ET24 the other says E24)

difference: one specifically states BBS and BMW, the other just BMW; one says ET24 for offset and the other E24 (same offset right?); one set says made in Germany and the other doesn't say it. KBA # are different as well.

Question: are they the same 15" BBS Basketweaves aka cross spokes aka Euroweaves aka....just different production run or something?

Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600-7.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	9883615
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image_145878.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	9883612
    Attached Files

Interesting...
    sigpic

Comment

One is made by BBS and the other is made by ALU. Both are OEM BMW but that style of wheel is commonly referred to as just BBS wheels. These wheels in 15x7 et24 are referred to as euroweaves, whereas, 15x7 ET41 is a 325iX weave. I want to say there is a slight difference between the two but they are virtually identical and are often interchanged.

Same with E38 16x8 weaves, most just call "BBS" but I believe those too are made by ALU. Now ALU could just stand for Aluminum but because it's printed in a logo style on the wheels, it leads me to believe it's a name.
      Last edited by reelizmpro; 11-06-2019, 05:57 PM.
      "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
      88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
      91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
        One is made by BBS and the other is made by ALU. Both are OEM BMW but that style of wheel is commonly referred to as just BBS wheels. These wheels in 15x7 et24 are referred to as euroweaves, whereas, 15x7 ET41 is a 325iX weave. I want to say there is a slight difference between the two but they are virtually identical and are often interchanged.

Same with E38 16x8 weaves, most just call "BBS" but I believe those too are made by ALU. Now ALU could just stand for Aluminum but because it's printed in a logo style on the wheels, it leads me to believe it's a name.
        I though that they are the same, even the same BMW part number stamped in the center as seen in both of those pics, 1179066. Didn't know ALU part.Which set should I get, BBS or ALU.....or doesn't matter

Comment

If you are buying a used set get whichever one isn't bent, or is in the best shape.

If you are buying new, you could get either, but three years ago I got a full set of BBS marked ones, and that seems fairly common.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
            If you are buying a used set get whichever one isn't bent, or is in the best shape.

If you are buying new, you could get either, but three years ago I got a full set of BBS marked ones, and that seems fairly common.
            no new ones any longer from what I understand, NLA. Thank you for reply gents.

Comment

Working...
            X