Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help Identifying Parts (heat shield, fuel tank drain washer, fuel tank pads)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Identifying Parts (heat shield, fuel tank drain washer, fuel tank pads)

I'm having trouble tracking down part numbers and other info for some parts on my Touring and hoping R3v can help.

1. Is there a part number for the copper crush washer on the fuel tank drain plug? Real OEM deoesn't even show the plug.

2. Where is this heat shield on the parts diagrams? Can't find it on Real OEM. I need to check out the rust behind it and will need to replace hardware upon reinstall.

front passenger heat shield 1a by cory58f5, on Flickr
    front passenger heat shield 2 by cory58f5, on Flickr

3. I also can't find the two small pads on top of the gas tank on RealOEM. Is that something you can even get from BMW? If not, is there a recommended replacement material? Here is a pick of one of the pads.

Touring fuel tank pad by cory58f5, on Flickr

As always, any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Cory
    1992 325i Cabrio
    1988 320i Touring
    2000 M5
    1977 530i
    2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
    BMWCCA
    E30CCA

As for the heat shields. Try at the very bottom of vehicle trim on realoem. For the crush washer try fuel tank attaching parts. On my coupe 07119963072

2004 525i Manual - 1985 325E Coupe Manual

Comment

Originally posted by tomstin View Post
      As for the heat shields. Try at the very bottom of vehicle trim on realoem. For the crush washer try fuel tank attaching parts. On my coupe 07119963072
      Thank you! I never would have found the crush washer because it's not even listed for a 320i Touring. Regarding the heat shield, I must have been blind. After posting the question I checked the diagram with the other heat shields for the 4th or 5th time and there it was.

Cory
      1992 325i Cabrio
      1988 320i Touring
      2000 M5
      1977 530i
      BMWCCA
      E30CCA

Comment

Bumping for my question #3 above. Hoping someone has dealt with these pads when replacing/refurbishing a gas tank.

Thanks, Cory
        1992 325i Cabrio
        1988 320i Touring
        2000 M5
        1977 530i
        BMWCCA
        E30CCA

Comment

Originally posted by cory58 View Post
          Bumping for my question #3 above. Hoping someone has dealt with these pads when replacing/refurbishing a gas tank.

Thanks, Cory

#2 good call about the rust. There is a good change the last stud of that shield (further under the car) will be messed up. I had to remove the carpet to repair mine properly

#3 . you can use any dense closed cell foam or neoprene in there. Closed cell so it doesn't hold the moisture. I cut up old yoga mat when I did mine. Some folk use this if you don't have anything to use https://www.amazon.com/XCEL-Neoprene...86451240&psc=1

Comment

Originally posted by zaq123 View Post

#2 good call about the rust. There is a good change the last stud of that shield (further under the car) will be messed up. I had to remove the carpet to repair mine properly

#3 . you can use any dense closed cell foam or neoprene in there. Closed cell so it doesn't hold the moisture. I cut up old yoga mat when I did mine. Some folk use this if you don't have anything to use https://www.amazon.com/XCEL-Neoprene...86451240&psc=1

Thanks for the info and link. Even made in the USA!
            1992 325i Cabrio
            1988 320i Touring
            2000 M5
            1977 530i
            BMWCCA
            E30CCA

Comment

Working...
            X