Best Type of Fuel/Hose for Daily Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Type of Fuel/Hose for Daily Driver

Hey all - I'm looking to replace my worn out fuel lines. I've been looking at PTFE hose with braided stainless steel as a nice, high quality option, but is this a good choice for a daily driver in the Midwest (snow, rain, salt, dirt, etc)? Or would hardline, while harder to form, be a more DURABLE option?
    Any and all advice is welcome!
    The BMW Bible: http://www.realoem.com

2011 328i xDrive Sedan - DD
    2002 530i - sold
    1994 525i - gave to dad
    1991 345is (M102 Swap) - sold
    1985 325e - sold

Hard line to replace hard line is likely best, there are more flexible options out there than steel. Remember, the stock lines have worked for 30 years.

For soft lines Continetal/CRP branded high pressure line works well, but is still a 7 or so year replacement item to be safe. It also appears to be what you get when you buy BMW fuel line.
    Last edited by roguetoaster; 12-08-2019, 07:10 PM.

Comment

i use OE hose seems to last better than anything else out there.
      89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

General Discussion is not a catch-all; please do not ask technical questions there. If you don't know where to ask your question, post it in General Technical and we'll move it to the appropriate subforum if necessary. Thanks in advance.
        Originally posted by kronus
        would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

I believe this is a part number you can use to reference for OEM Genuine BMW hose:

"It wouldn't be there if it wasn't..." - Milton Berle

1988 325iS - M20

Comment

Can't tell if the OP is referencing hard lines or soft lines. I just bought new hard supply and return lines from getbmwparts.com. Had them in a week, price and shipping were good. Fit perfectly, no PITA bending lines or rolling beads.

Cory
            1992 325i Cabrio
            1988 320i Touring
            2000 M5
            1977 530i
            2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
            BMWCCA
            E30CCA

Comment

Currently replacing the entire fueling system in my 1989 325i. For the rubber hoses I went with 5 meters of fuel hose made by CRP. The original hoses made it 30 years so I don't see a need to upgrade. I haven't purchased the hard lines yet since I want to see if I can use the existing ones but again, if they need to be replaced I'll replace them with something comparable to the OEM since it lasted 30 years.

Comment

Working...
              X