Looking for an ideal sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for an ideal sound

Hello Gents, so the E30 refresh is almost done. Darn near every replaceable part that serves a purpose, has been replaced! Now im looking ahead, and I want to bring the best symphony i can from the little gem. I do not care to add power, or anything of that matter, The car is a pure enough experience as it stands for my style, but I do want advice and experienced opinions on bringing out that glorious sound, not only from the rear, but under the hood as well. Any ideas are welcome apart from "just cut the muffler off and straight pipe it" ;)

I will tell you my current setup and I am sure you will hear similar from other members as well. I am running a Magnaflow high flow cat 94008 straight to a Magnaflow 14815. I really do like the sound. It is not loud enough for me. It sounds great from behind the car and I can hear it in the house when the car is warming up. My car is about 20 feet from the house. It is very quiet inside the car.

My favorite setup was when the muffler broke off due to construction and it was a running the late model cat with the resonator built in, it ended at the axle. I like loud though.

With that being said. There will still be people to comment on the Scorpion, Supersprint and Borla exhaust setups too. Which a fully support too. I would suggest YoutTube some videos, but it is never the same. It can only give you an idea.

All feedback was in regards to an m20 engine too.
    20% Accurate

Morty: Well Summer maybe people that create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through a filter of your comfort are less evolved that the ones that just communicate? Maybe your problems are your own to deal with and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction.

Comment

Is this the sound you're after?

RHD ITB M20B25 w/ Stainless Longtube Headers and 2.5" Stainless Exhaust

Comment

Working...
      X