Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help Installing Rear Quarter Window Seal (pop-out)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Installing Rear Quarter Window Seal (pop-out)

I’m trying to convert my ‘90 325i to pop-out windows, and have run into a roadblock when installing the window seals. This may be a product of inexperience, but a bit of the deal won’t fit when I try to work the seal onto the seam (see image).

The seals are new and I’ve check that I have the correct part number (51361904827) on realoem and bmwfans.

If someone could point out what I’m doing wrong or give me advice on how to force the seal onto the seam, Id love to buy you a beer. Thanks!

They are not set all the way in all the way around...they fit tight. Work your way around and force it in tighter.

Comment

… I always tap mine in with a rubber mallet ,

Comment

Gee what a pain... I'm assuming you have to deal with the headliner as well? Also the broken clips from the picture? Crossing my fingers I never have to do anything rear-quarter related...
        "Time doesn't heal anything... It just teaches us how to live with the pain." - My Cracked Dashboard

Comment

Pull the lower right corner, where it comes around the bend, further back and make sure its setting all the way in. My thought is that bend isn't seated properly therefore you have that slack at the top. When I put the seal in for my windshield I had to wrestle the corners to avoid slack on the straight pieces.
          2004 525i Manual - 1985 325E Coupe Manual

Comment

I usually glue the headliner in place with contact adhesive first so I do not need to deal with it staying in place. Start in the 90 degree corner and work your way around using methods described above. It will seat firmly.

Comment

Working...
            X