Under Body Fuel pump hoses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Under Body Fuel pump hoses

Sorry if this was in a previous post already, I couldn't find the answer.

I plan on replacing my fuel filter and out of the tank fuel pump and might as well replace the hoses while I'm there. I read somewhere I can just use a general hose rated for fuel and pressure. Does anyone have any recommendations on which one to buy and which ones fit? Or there some portions of the fuel lines I should order the OEM part?

Maybe just getting the hose with the bend in it 16121178990 and the rest using a general hose?

For the standard sized fuel hose I like Gates Barricade fuel injection hoses. Cheaper than OE and a little bit better “feeling” than the CRP/conti brand. I know some guys like marine fuel hose as well. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    OBD1 S52 E36 Compact
    84 318i M10 Zender

Comment

I would take a look for any hoses with sharp bends. You might be okay with the external fuel pump setup, but I know that the later system has some U-shaped hoses that would certainly kink if aftermarket hose was used.

Comment

Originally posted by packratbimmer View Post
        I would take a look for any hoses with sharp bends. You might be okay with the external fuel pump setup, but I know that the later system has some U-shaped hoses that would certainly kink if aftermarket hose was used.
        I believe it is this one that has the tight bend.
        Hose 1 06/1986 09/1987 16121178990
        From this page.

http://a.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showpa...diagId=16_0181

I used oem fuel line in bulk from a local independent shop and ordered the pre bent hose above to go along with it.

Comment

Thanks, just going to order that tight bend piece.

Comment

Working...
          X