AC help . Yes I searched

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AC help . Yes I searched

So my AC is not working after last summer it has been . I have a cold AC line compressor is on fan is on but no cold air comes out . I’m on the r12 system maybe it’s just time

Is your dash fan on?
    AWD > RWD

Comment

See if the evaporator is cold, in the dash.

If the compressor's running, that means you have refrigerant pressure.

Next step would be to put gauges on it to confirm how well the compressor's working.

t
      now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Originally posted by prisonerofdoom83 View Post
        So my AC is not working after last summer it has been . I have a cold AC line compressor is on fan is on but no cold air comes out . I’m on the r12 system maybe it’s just time
        You need to overhaul the whole system. There is simply no way you can expect a 30+ year old AC system to still be functioning in any useable capacity without busting it open, flushing out all of the lines and heat exchangers (and replacing as necessary), replacing all of the seals (if they haven’t already been replaced), the expansion valve, the receiver drier, and rebuilding the compressor. That’s the bare minimum to get it to blow cold and last a while. To get it icy cold you will need to re-engineer the system a bit - better compressor, parallel flow condenser, force the aux fan to run on high all the time - and run it on recirculate all the time.

I had the exact the exact same problem as you after throwing R134a into my all original R12 system. Decided to tear my AC system apart and found that the small port on the expansion valve and on the compressor were completely clogged up.
        1986 325e Schwarz (sold)
        1989 325iX Alpineweiß​ (daily)

Greed is Good

Comment

Working...
        X