M10 miss firing issue HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by packratbimmer View Post
    If it is a 1984, it will not run with a bad coolant temperature sensor. They will warm up and then cut out.
    Which sensor is this exactly? Is there a picture for reference?

mine won’t even start currently, getting major misfires when it was.

Comment

I would check your timing, both the rotor button and wire order
      '84 318i M10B18 147- Safari Beige
      NA: 93whp/90ftlbs, MS2E w/ LC, 2-Step
      Turbo: 221whp/214ftlbs, MS3x flex @ 17psi

Comment

Located on coolant neck in front -

BMW # 13621357414

Coolant temperature sensor

Bosch # 0 280 130 026

Comment

At first I thought it was a bad AFM but considering you replaced it, it should be something else. BTW the Porsche 944 AFM will not work. I am assuming you placed a rebuilt or known good AFM back into the car. The M10 AFM is extremely rare and most are dead unless its rebuilt. So assuming your AFM is good, I would perform the DME troubleshooting tests in the Bentley service manual. Going through this chart, you will test each engine sensor to verify signal at the DME. Eventually should should find one or more sensors that are failed or out of range. This assumes your ignition system and fuel system are fully inspected and verified.
          Owner - Bavarian Restoration
          BMW and European Electronics Repair and Restoration
          www.BavRest.com
          My Feedback Thread
          Our Facebook!
          Follow our Instagram!

Comment

Originally posted by Gregs///M View Post
            At first I thought it was a bad AFM but considering you replaced it, it should be something else. BTW the Porsche 944 AFM will not work. I am assuming you placed a rebuilt or known good AFM back into the car. The M10 AFM is extremely rare and most are dead unless its rebuilt. So assuming your AFM is good, I would perform the DME troubleshooting tests in the Bentley service manual. Going through this chart, you will test each engine sensor to verify signal at the DME. Eventually should should find one or more sensors that are failed or out of range. This assumes your ignition system and fuel system are fully inspected and verified.
            I repaired the m10 one and got it to fire up — my plugs were complete fouled after only maybe 300 miles.

I have the temp sensor, also going to pickup a fuel pressure regulator.

Comment

Issues are still present, car his mired pretty bad under like 20% throttle, especially around the 2k mark.

Comment

Alright I just replaced the afm + plugs again, car is running however around 4-5k it starts to miss fire and when I got full throttle it cuts out completely.

im stumped, anyone have any ideas?

Comment

Working...
                X