Arctic Air R-12 a R-12 replacement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arctic Air R-12 a R-12 replacement?

Has anyone used arctic air r12 for r12 systems? Don’t have the funds to convert to r134 yet and was wondering how well Arctic air r12 is.

If in SoCal I have a number to an older AC tech that recharged my r12 .

Comment

Looks like the answer is NO. From the Arctic Air web site:
      • This product is a combination of 2 Enviro-Safe products into 1 for maximum cooling performance. This will remove moisture in the A/C system. Moisture can cause corrosion in the A/C system or the A/C to freeze up.
      • The other part of the product will reduce friction in system and provide colder air duct temps in most cases.
      • Compatible with any automotive refrigerant except ammonia and CO2
      1992 325i Cabrio
      1988 320i Touring
      2000 M5
      1977 530i
      2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
      BMWCCA
      E30CCA

Comment

The Envirosafe r134 replacement is compatible with both r134 and R12 systems. It does not say this on the cans or on their website but I have spoken with their engineers and they have assure me of this. Additionally, I have been running their products in my classic BMWs for many years, which is still R12. I have used both the R134 and R12 systems and I can easily tell the R12 system has better performance.
        Owner - Bavarian Restoration
        BMW and European Electronics Repair and Restoration
        www.BavRest.com
        My Feedback Thread
        Our Facebook!
        Follow our Instagram!

Comment

Originally posted by Gregs///M View Post
          The Envirosafe r134 replacement is compatible with both r134 and R12 systems. It does not say this on the cans or on their website but I have spoken with their engineers and they have assure me of this. Additionally, I have been running their products in my classic BMWs for many years, which is still R12. I have used both the R134 and R12 systems and I can easily tell the R12 system has better performance.
          Can I fill my system with it immediately or do I need to flush the system or change any fittings? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by AmosCake View Post

Can I fill my system with it immediately or do I need to flush the system or change any fittings? Thanks
            Best practice is to evacuate the system and refill with new refrigerant but I have added it direct to existing system with success. If you do not have the fittings, Envirosafe does sell them along with a fill kit.
            Owner - Bavarian Restoration
            BMW and European Electronics Repair and Restoration
            www.BavRest.com
            My Feedback Thread
            Our Facebook!
            Follow our Instagram!

Comment

Working...
            X