Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

School me on e36m3 rotors and calipers on e30m3 struts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so is this the equivalent of running 12mm spacers behind the wheel on the front? wouldnt that make up for clearance issues of wheel to caliper?
    IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Not sure I am reading your question correctly, but the 12.8 mm spacer goes behind the rotor, on the hub, to space the high offset rotor outwards to keep from fouling the strut and knuckle, and to get the rotor centered in the calipers location mounted on the e30 m3 strut.

It doesn't change anything as to the caliper contacting the rear of flat spoked wheels.
      Originally posted by codyep3
      I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
      2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
      1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
      1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
      2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
      2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
      2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
      2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
      2010 F650gs twin
      2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

FWIW E38 Style 5s will hit the rattle clip on stock E30 M3 calipers, so I presume they would need a spacer to clear E36 cali's.
        I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

Just out of curiosity, what's the point? Both are single piston calipers. Brake pads are going to be about the same price, what are you gaining? If I were to do a brake upgrade, I'd make sure I had at least a two if not 4 or more piston caliper on there that was lighter than stock.

Will
          '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
          '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
          '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
          '88 BMW M3

Comment

Originally posted by golde30 View Post
            so is this the equivalent of running 12mm spacers behind the wheel on the front? wouldnt that make up for clearance issues of wheel to caliper?
            That is correct. Every wheel you are using need to substract 12.8mm on the offset. I have been using this setup for 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 season without any problems at all. I have tracked the car pretty hard.

Now I'm going another route with custom ackermannarms with zero degree angle, that makes me able to mount the E36M3 disc direct onto the hub and make some custom brackets for a 4 pot caliper. Stop Tech or so.

In order to get BBS RC090 on I had to grind a bit on the calipers as seen here:

With RC090 (Style5) on the car. Offset is then ET7.2 at front. As seen here with Yokohama Advan A048-R 215/45-17 tires.

1987 BMW E30 M3 RB26
            2016 VW Polo 1.2 TSI R-Line

Originally posted by 5spoke
            Fucking norway and your sick clean ass e30's! Yes i am yelling!

Comment

Working...
            X