No announcement yet.

Building an S14 part by part?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive sold 2 complete s14's piece by piece to 2 different guys and you have no idea how much it costs.. Neither did the guys who bought them by the time they were done
    We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
    www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by blunttech View Post
      Ive sold 2 complete s14's piece by piece to 2 different guys and you have no idea how much it costs.. Neither did the guys who bought them by the time they were done
      Exactly, Jake's wallet must be very light right now.
      https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

I'm slowly purchasing a spare S14. (AKA MONEYPIT)

I started by purchasing a new 2.5 block and crank....

I found a complete cam carrier, upper and lower oil pan, and a set of 48mm throttle bodies on S14.net.

$5-6K already spent, about $7-10K in parts still needed....

Comment

Originally posted by euro3 View Post
          I started by purchasing a new 2.5 block and crank....
          Did you happen to check how many they had when you ordered it? I bought one last December and there were 5 remaining after I ordered it. I'm just curious if they still make production runs on them or not.

Comment

^
            What is the differance between the 2.5 and 2.3lt block are the bore walls diameters bigger to allow for a bigger bore?

Yeh if it is going to run me up to 10k just for the engine I supose not?

Steve are you talking about brand new parts I am looking at second hand.

Also not looking at getting ITBs as this would be a learning project as well I would probebly look at making something like this intead,

I know I am crazy. lol just a thought at the moment. depends if I can get my hands on soildworks and buy a 3d printer.

Cheapish 3D printer

What I would be looking at getting is

Block
            Head
            Cam carrier
            Cam Cover
            Crank
            Timing chain and guides.

Everthing else will be custom or after market. That means
            Valves, springs, retainers, caps, guides, cams, buckets and shims, pistons, conrods, dry sump (maybe), exhaust and intake system, and fuel delivery. Will be aftermarket
            Last edited by Massimo; 04-04-2012, 09:33 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

You can buy a lot of engine for that kind of money, built and installed. You set on getting an s14?

Comment

^
                Well like I said Ill probably turbo the M42 before I go the S14. But yeh I deffenetly want an S14, the sound they make is addictive and I want it.

On another note thinking about a Euro 2lt version. I have been contimplating competing in the 2lt sports sedan series here, this would be a great motor to use.
                sigpic

Comment

litre for litre M42 > S14

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                    Buy a complete engine or plan to bleed heavily.
                    the truth right there

dude, a 300hp S14? you understand your talking about easy $12K+ motor build

and trying to source parts seperatley will always cost you more than buying it all together.

If you want 300hp why not go with an S50/52? way, way, WAY cheaper than trying to squeeze 300 out of a S14

with over $6K+ into my S14, Im still under 200rwhp so say its around ~240hp at crank :(

Comment

for that money just buy a metric mechanics motor...

Comment

The 2.5 blocks have lots of extra webbing for rigidity and provisions for squirters.
                        Originally posted by Massimo View Post
                        ^
                        What is the differance between the 2.5 and 2.3lt block are the bore walls diameters bigger to allow for a bigger bore?

Yeh if it is going to run me up to 10k just for the engine I supose not?

Steve are you talking about brand new parts I am looking at second hand.

Also not looking at getting ITBs as this would be a learning project as well I would probebly look at making something like this intead,

I know I am crazy. lol just a thought at the moment. depends if I can get my hands on soildworks and buy a 3d printer.

Cheapish 3D printer

What I would be looking at getting is

Block
                        Head
                        Cam carrier
                        Cam Cover
                        Crank
                        Timing chain and guides.

Everthing else will be custom or after market. That means
                        Valves, springs, retainers, caps, guides, cams, buckets and shims, pistons, conrods, dry sump (maybe), exhaust and intake system, and fuel delivery. Will be aftermarket
                        We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
                        www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Working...
                        X