3.5 yr restoration no holds barred

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3.5 yr restoration no holds barred

What was your dream car as a kid? For Jon Simmonds, it was the original BMW E30 M3. An instant classic since the moment it was born from motorsport in 1986, it was the road going version of an iconic racing car and spawned a heritage of BMW M cars that continue to this day.

https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Awesomeness.
    I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

Beautiful !

Comment

That guy has built, what I think, is the nicest E30 M3 on the planet. If I won the lottery I'd do the same thing.
        2011 1M Alpine white/black
        1996 Civic white/black
        1988 M3 lachs/black

Comment

Saw this last week...and was admiring the pictures. It's almost too clean but I like his style.
          "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
          88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
          89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
          91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

There's also the dude from Ireland that rebuilt his from scratch. I think it was more impressive because he did at least 80% of the work himself, including all of the measurements and bore/bearing checks himself, and added in all of the instructions required to do it yourself. I lost a solid 2 days of work to that thread.

I don't know, the idea of some ultra-rich guy building it with no expense spared in his ultra premium garage just doesn't pull the same envy as a guy that built the thing in his home garage and had it turn out how it did.

Last edited by ncsubowen; 04-10-2014, 07:14 AM.
            sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

284lb feet out of a stock S14?

Comment

Working...
              X