Check out whats on Bring a trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check out whats on Bring a trailer

Bid for the chance to own a 51k-Mile 1989 BMW M3 at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #29.

51k-Mile 1989 BMW M3

No affiliation. Just a nice car that I thought I would share.
    Custom Made Skid Plates For Sale.
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=111469
    http://raceskids.com/

Nice car, indeed. Hit pretty hard on the driver-side front, which will impact the selling price (no pun intended).
    I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

That's purdy.
      sigpic

2014 GTI | 2002 Land Cruiser | 1991 Volvo 745t

Comment

Nice car Dont get the stripes but thats easy enough to fix
        We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
        www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by blunttech View Post
          nice car dont get the stripes but thats easy enough to fix
          +1
          Custom Made Skid Plates For Sale.
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=111469
          http://raceskids.com/

Comment

Originally posted by markseven View Post
            Nice car, indeed. Hit pretty hard on the driver-side front, which will impact the selling price (no pun intended).
            Mark

where did you see it was hit hard in the front corner? Seller disclosed the damage but I have yet to hear of how hard nor see any photos. I have seen some shops goto great lengths to rebuild an M3 lately so as long as it's been done right I don't think it's gonna dramatically hurt the dollar amount.

I think it will reach a respectable level.
            https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

I know this car and I have worked on it before!!! That is awesome I just called the previous owner and told him.

Comment

That's a clean m3 for sure

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by markseven View Post
                  I'm curious. Did you see any photo after it got hit pretty hard? If so, how bad was it?
                  88 M3
                  85 190e-16v Euro
                  86 ae86 Trueno Itb's
                  63 Lotus 7 repl Turbo
                  93 500E

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                    Mark

where did you see it was hit hard in the front corner? Seller disclosed the damage but I have yet to hear of how hard nor see any photos. I have seen some shops goto great lengths to rebuild an M3 lately so as long as it's been done right I don't think it's gonna dramatically hurt the dollar amount.

I think it will reach a respectable level.
                    Greg, from the comments on the BaT auction page.

'JeffHall' claims to be the car's third owner, and '320STW' claims to local to the car and is familiar with it.

Interestingly, EAG doesn't want it.

Originally posted by BaT Comments

EAGBMW
                    @George & AlfaRomeo

With several replacement panels this isn’t a M3 for EAG, thus no offer to be made. We pay up for our cars and offer a very streamlined sales experience when the car fits our rigorous standards.

Your ad is very well done and transparent, extremely refreshing to see! Best of luck with the sale, the car appears very clean and well sorted.

@CharlesM3, regarding the strut tower, it’s not something that can be seen in pictures, I’m just familiar with this car as it was local and I remember when it was repaired. An excellent job was done straightening the frame rail and replacing the strut tower, but if you inspect the car closely you can see that the tower has been cut out and replaced. As I mentioned it was very high quality work and this M3 has a lot going for it with the condition and recent major service work.

320STW
                    @CharlesM3, that’s correct, the hood/fender were replaced along with the driver side strut tower with one removed from a 325i. The car does look great in the ad, salmon over grey leather is a winning combo on any E30.

JeffHall
                    Interesting to see this car for sale, again. I’m not sure of the price or the presentation of the car. As I remember the car, when I bought it from TJ, there was more to the repair then just the fenders and hood. I don’t want to screw up anybodies deal but I was surprised when I heard what it sold for last time. I sold the car for two reasons; 1) I am not a collector/car show guy. I drive them and mainly on track. 20 Because of the damage, I believed it would never be a “money car”.

I’m glad I was wrong because it is a wonderful car and it looks great!
                    Originally posted by 88Alpine View Post
                    I'm curious. Did you see any photo after it got hit pretty hard? If so, how bad was it?
                    I did not see photos, but according to commenters the driver-side strut tower was replaced and the frame rail needed to be straightened. Clean title though.

Comment

Wonder if it was this in depth. Depending on the level of the shop, most would never know.

https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                        Wonder if it was this in depth. Depending on the level of the shop, most would never know.

http://www.vsr1.com/index.php?page=restorations
                        True. Apparently the work was done in the early nineties, so the patina is probably consistent across the front axle and engine bay. No evidence of invasive bodywork visible to the untrained eye...

Comment

$28K with seven hours left.

Comment

33k now and the bidding hasn't even really started yet.
                            90 Alpine M3 | 90 Brilliantrot M3 | 85 Alpine 520i

Comment

I suspect it will end somewhere around 45-50.
                              Current:
                              1989 325i
                              1988 M3
                              1987 325ic
                              Past:
                              2001 330ci
                              2001 M3

Comment

Working...
                              X