Trashed M3 Fetches $18K - !!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • CurrusDei
    replied
    Trashed M3 Fetches $18K - !!!

    Thx professor. Glad to be an M3 owner with a low basis 👍


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by CurrusDei; 08-10-2015, 03:07 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • charlie2309
    replied
    The value of anything, be it bottled water or bees wax is determined by ONE THING- what the market will bear, ie, what someone is willing to pay for it. Everything discussed in this thread, build numbers, quantities still in existence, racing pedigree, etc., while interesting have nothing to do with the actual value. The "actual" value is whatever someone in an open market pays for the thing. Which clearly, in the case of this beat down car, is 18k. That is the current value of this m3, period.
    What it WAS six months ago, or what it will be two days from now in contrast to todays value, ok, knock yourself out speculating around the variables that play on demand. The supply is fixed/ shrinking. And that includes parts for these things. Demand, based on the conclusions of classic car investment speculators, is universally "on fire", and that is what you are witnessing here. Sales as this one only stoke the fires of said speculation even further, reinforce and accelerate the current upward value trend of these cars.
    The e30 "plainjanes", imho will inevitably follow the m cars up,(albeit on a different scale) in the vacuum created when the m3 reaches true unobtainium status. This trend can be seen in the late 60's mopar cars that currently trade in the 6 figures, and higher. Regular mopar enthusiasts have been forced into lateral options, sending values soaring on vehicles which had been long regarded as "uncollectible" by speculators 15-20 years ago. These same "throwaway" dime-a-dozens are suddenly sought after, and commanding 5 figures.
    Incidentally, the 91 318is is considered the most collectible "regular" e30 by those in that business.

    Leave a comment:


  • E30NJ
    replied
    Originally posted by markseven
    ^ It's great that you saved the car.
    +1, do you have any photos of the car? I'd love to see it!

    Leave a comment:


  • markseven
    replied
    ^ It's great that you saved the car.

    Leave a comment:


  • Amideus90
    replied
    holy shit

    back when i got my e30 m3 a salvage title it cost me $6250 summer of 2006. i wanted one for 10 to 12 but i could not afford it. these people are outrages but for me i am ecstatic and glad i held on to it for all these years

    Leave a comment:


  • E30NJ
    replied
    :???:
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • CurrusDei
    replied
    There are a ton of rear seats on ebay


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • ksjdan
    replied
    Have fun finding a rear seat for it. When I was looking, I got about 30 emails from some ukrainian/romanian/eastern european scammers posting fake pics with a very good price tag. Be very careful when buying E30 M3 parts.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nesset
    replied
    Originally posted by IronmanE30
    They have reached an age were it is hard to find replacement parts at the junk yard so the day's of High School students driving them will soon disappear if it has not already. Sad but shit happens.
    I have witnessed multiple really clean cars get destroyed by highschool students... It's bad. Especially when the car's are really clean iS's...

    Leave a comment:


  • IronmanE30
    replied
    I am glad to see the seller got so much for their car and hope the buyer has fun with his M3 adventure. With the parts getting harder and harder to find and BMW raising the prices on non-service parts I think that this is just the beginning of a trend. The Mtech and nice examples of IS cars has also increased in value. I don't think this is a short term trend, I think it is the future of the E30. They have reached an age were it is hard to find replacement parts at the junk yard so the day's of High School students driving them will soon disappear if it has not already. Sad but shit happens. For those of us that are lucky enough to have bought an E30 when they were less expensive we have two choices. Either keep the car and enjoy it or sell it to make a few bucks on our investment. I choose to keep mine and regret selling the ones I have had.

    Cheers,

    Jim

    Leave a comment:


  • e34john
    replied
    I should have sold my non running but complete car on ebay :(

    Leave a comment:


  • CurrusDei
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • CMG
    replied
    I think op is just excited to own a car with a guaranteed return rather than losing money, haha

    Leave a comment:


  • CurrusDei
    replied
    I'm just waiting for this guy to show up and introduce himself

    Leave a comment:


  • markseven
    replied
    Originally posted by Andrew325is
    Maybe it was an offroad track. :D

    But see how nice those cars look? ;)

    Leave a comment:

Working...