Trashed M3 Fetches $18K - !!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Andrew325is
    replied
    Originally posted by markseven
    Those dents are not from the track.

    Maybe it was an offroad track. :D

    Leave a comment:


  • markseven
    replied
    Originally posted by G FORCE
    From what I understand, it was a dedicated track car which would explain a lot.
    Those dents are not from the track.

    Leave a comment:


  • UNHCLL
    replied
    Originally posted by mr2peak
    I'm very confident the M3 will hit or exceed that in the future for the EVO edition cars, and definitely $60k+ for mint US spec cars

    Will?
    They already have... I'm not just referring to Enthusiast Auto Group either.
    Sport Evo's sell for $130k+ in Europe, US Spec cars are well over $60k for sub 20k mile examples.

    Leave a comment:


  • mr2peak
    replied
    Originally posted by nrubenstein
    I'm honestly kind of tempted to sell mine at these prices...
    I've done a few classic car drives/rallies with my dad in his MGA. I can't wait for my M-Tech to make the cutoff for those drives. E30 M3 would be even more special.



    For the rest of you: about 44k Lancia Delta Integrales were produced. That is a homologated race car just like the M3, but with a less impressive (but still awe-inspiring) race history. Special Edition cars bring in ~$150k. I'm very confident the M3 will hit or exceed that in the future for the EVO edition cars, and definitely $60k+ for mint US spec cars

    Leave a comment:


  • G FORCE
    replied
    I enjoy it but it might not make sense for me in the near future with career changes and I may have to consolidate (move). We'll see though.

    Leave a comment:


  • reelizmpro
    replied
    Originally posted by G FORCE
    I intend to continue fixing mine up as I drive and enjoy it but will certainly place a "make me sell it" price on it in the near future.
    Already???

    Leave a comment:


  • G FORCE
    replied
    Originally posted by nrubenstein
    I'm honestly kind of tempted to sell mine at these prices...
    I intend to continue fixing mine up as I drive and enjoy it but will certainly place a "make me sell it" price on it in the near future.

    Leave a comment:


  • G FORCE
    replied
    From what I understand, it was a dedicated track car which would explain a lot.

    Leave a comment:


  • nrubenstein
    replied
    I'm honestly kind of tempted to sell mine at these prices...

    Leave a comment:


  • markseven
    replied
    What type of owner would take care of / treat a care so poorly that it looks like that today?

    Leave a comment:


  • GT BMW E30
    replied
    I think a considerable amount of the dents can be pulled out by a paintless dent removal body guy.
    Last edited by GT BMW E30; 01-27-2015, 06:38 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • reelizmpro
    replied
    To put things into perspective here are some numbers...

    Global:
    318i 1987–1991 89,637
    318is 1989–1991 41,234
    320is (2-door) 1988–1990 2,542
    320is (4-door) 1987–1990 1,206
    325i (2-door) 1985–1991 113,906
    325i (4-door) 1985–1991 83,080
    325ic 1985–1993 85,246
    325ix 1985–1991 29,589
    325e (2-door) 1983–1988 114,498
    325e (4-door) 1983–1988 74,789
    M3 1986–1991 17,184

    TOTAL E30 PRODUCTION: 2,339,250 (1982-1/1994)* (that's a lot of E30's)

    *Includes all E30 models, including such models as the 316i, 320i, 323i, and Touring that were never imported into the United States

    Imported to the US...

    M3 5,300 out of 17,184
    325iX 6,346? out of 29,589 (per Nando)
    318iS 9,000 or 15,000? out of 41,234 (can someone verify?)
    325iS ???

    Leave a comment:


  • nrubenstein
    replied
    Originally posted by dude8383
    I'm just defending the 318is like you're defending the M3. It was a special car that was made in limited quantities... But this is totally o/t and silly.
    Also, the 318is retained a fully standard body, a crappier interior, the same suspension/brakes, and a crap diff. Which makes it less special.

    Leave a comment:


  • reelizmpro
    replied
    Originally posted by dude8383
    I'm just defending the 318is like you're defending the M3. It was a special car that was made in limited quantities... But this is totally o/t and silly.
    yes you are right and so is the iX, etc. This thread is about M3's though not the 318iS.

    Leave a comment:


  • Andrew325is
    replied
    That's some good info about the 318iS Alex. :) If I was going to buy an E30 right now, it'd probably be a 318iS. And since we are all correcting ourselves and hopefully we're done trolling (I apologize if my comments seemed like trolling), Nando stated the production figures for the 'iX here, "6,346 were sent to North America (including Canada)." So there very well could be less of those in the US than M3's. I wonder how many of those remain. I know quite a few have been wrecked and/or parted out as well.

    Leave a comment:

Working...