E30 M3 5 lug post install issues...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MR 325 View Post
    Stud it, run the spacer in the front. No spacer needed in the rear, except for looks of course. :)
    No studs, I want to run the wheel caps! And I think I will throw a spacer in the rear after I roll the fenders. There is barely clearance now.

No spacers when the next set of wheels comes in tho :mrgreen:

Comment

Originally posted by MIKe30 View Post
      Whats up bro, got them from pelican. Ef'in expensive.
      thanks Mike i'll check it out. I thought balo's were more expensive. i'll try to do the fronts this weekend. i guess i'll see my "ex" next year. :D

1991 330is

Comment

Originally posted by bmws50b30 View Post
        thanks Mike i'll check it out. I thought balo's were more expensive. i'll try to do the fronts this weekend. i guess i'll see my "ex" next year. :D
        Balo's were 20/ea, Zimmerman's are little over $60/ea. I still don't know if I made the right choice - all the $$$'s literally makes me sick to my stomach. Can't wait till this thing drives.

Speaking of which, may not be until next yr... there's still some time for fall meets georgie :mrgreen:

Comment

Can those who are running E38 style 5's with E30 M3 5-lug swaps tell me what size/brand tire you are running and whether you get any rubbing? Also - any tricks to get/keep them clean?
          Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Franken30 View Post
            Can those who are running E38 style 5's with E30 M3 5-lug swaps tell me what size/brand tire you are running and whether you get any rubbing? Also - any tricks to get/keep them clean?
            Thanks.
            Powerwasher with a low setting nozzle works very well. Also if you get one make sure it has the extra tank so you can add soap, wheel cleanner, etc too it.

www.gutenparts.com
            One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Thank you ^^^ I'm going to try 225/45R16 for tires - they are the same overall diameter and circumference as the OE 195/65R14's on 325iS - hope they clear well.

Comment

Originally posted by Franken30 View Post
                Thank you ^^^ I'm going to try 225/45R16 for tires - they are the same overall diameter and circumference as the OE 195/65R14's on 325iS - hope they clear well.
                Thats what I just switched to. Fills out the wheel wells MUCH better than the 215/40's and the 205/45's i tried. No real rubbing. Occasionally on front driver side when hitting a big change in pavement elevation and turning but I am tucking a hair of tire up front too.

Comment

Working...
                X