No announcement yet.

Off center front wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think your right Cause I originally purchased e30 arms and then sold them to buy e36 m3 arms and I saw no difference.

Comment

Originally posted by D-rock View Post
      Thanks for the reply! They don't look bent from the picture I attached or do they? I originally used e30 ones then I swapped them out to e36 m3 arms and I didn't see very much of a difference.

Is there a way to know if I already have these or not? I would hate to replace all this and be in the same place :/

Thanks

yeah you cant really tell that he bends them cause he goes back and repaints over them so it looks stock some what still. but the entire front suspension on that car is 318ti stuff so u might need to get the ///m spindles and stuff for the fron then it should be where it needs to be.

Comment

I think your right Cause I originally purchased e30 arms and then sold them to buy e36 m3 arms and I saw no difference.
        If you bought +96 M3 arms, you would have seen a difference over the E30 arms.

Climb back under the E30, hold the old (original) CA up to one of the installed +96 M3 arms
        and confirm that they are 1)different, and; 2)the originals are 'bent' and by how much.

If that is the case you have the options of, bending the new arms to match [not advised, but has been done before plenty]
        or, try using +96 M3 spindles/kingpins with the +96 M3 CA's.
        This is a bit more costly, as you will now need the M3 brakes to match, as the non-M calipers to not line up with a non-M rotor on an M spindle [once again, something that can be made to work though]
        292rwhp E30 :D

Comment

Originally posted by DTMbimmer07 View Post
          yeah you cant really tell that he bends them cause he goes back and repaints over them so it looks stock some what still. but the entire front suspension on that car is 318ti stuff so u might need to get the ///m spindles and stuff for the fron then it should be where it needs to be.
          How do you know so much about this car or the pervious owner? Not to be rude or offend anyone but everything was done really bad on the car. I had to replace almost everything even the diff and driveshaft from the m5o swap. He never picked up my calls either :/

Comment

Originally posted by E30-323ti View Post
            If you bought +96 M3 arms, you would have seen a difference over the E30 arms.

Climb back under the E30, hold the old (original) CA up to one of the installed +96 M3 arms
            and confirm that they are 1)different, and; 2)the originals are 'bent' and by how much.

If that is the case you have the options of, bending the new arms to match [not advised, but has been done before plenty]
            or, try using +96 M3 spindles/kingpins with the +96 M3 CA's.
            This is a bit more costly, as you will now need the M3 brakes to match, as the non-M calipers to not line up with a non-M rotor on an M spindle [once again, something that can be made to work though]

I remember I alined them and it was kinda hard to see a difference when they were off the car. I am going to see if I can find some markings on the CA.

I don't want to do any bending I think It would be more work then anything.

Now If I install e36 M3 spindles and brakes and the CA e36 M3 I should be fine right? Will BBS RS 16 clear the breaks?
            Thanks
            Last edited by D-rock; 04-11-2012, 09:43 PM.

Comment

I remember I alined them and it was kinda hard to see a difference when they were off the car. I am going to see if I can find some markings on the CA.

I don't want to do any bending I think It would be more work then anything.

Now If I install e36 M3 spindles and brakes and the CA e36 M3 I should be fine right? Will BBS RS 16 clear the breaks?
              Thanks
              You would have been able to tell if you sat them back to back.

No idea if M3 brakes will fit under your RS's.
              Have a trawl on here & e30tech, as I recall someone put non-M brakes on M spindles, but had to add 3mm spacers to move the caliper out. Don't quote me on that!!
              But would be the easiest if do-able, as you'd prob. need to replace the MC also, to go with the bigger M3 calipers.
              Bimmerworld may still have the +96 M3 spindles on special, super cheap!!

And....

Of course the seller isn't going to return your calls, the deals done, cars gone.
              It's your problem now, just the way it is.
              292rwhp E30 :D

Comment

Why dont you press new ball joints into the original "bent" control arms?

•• Powersteering Deletes • M20 Motor & Trans Mounts • 24V swap mounts • UHMW Offset CABs ••
                •• Rear Subframe Bushings • RTABs • Facebook ••

Comment

Originally posted by silence View Post
                  Why dont you press new ball joints into the original "bent" control arms?
                  Not sure who can do that in our area and its also a bit sketch that it was bent in the first place no?

I found 99 M3 brakes and rotors and spindles for $300. I might just have to try that.

Is that a good price?

Comment

Thats sounds about the typical asking price.
                    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                    My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

^ Thanks for the reply! I am just going to get them so the car is done right. I don't want to install bent parts and what not.

Comment

How do you know so much about this car or the pervious owner? Not to be rude or offend anyone but everything was done really bad on the car. I had to replace almost everything even the diff and driveshaft from the m5o swap. He never picked up my calls either :/
                        I personally know the guy who owned the car. He basically took a 318ti with a blown motor n swapped all the suspension components and such to the e30. All the parts he used were off of spare cars he had laying around. Nothing was new on the car as far as I know. He generally wouldn't pick up his phone if he doesn't have the number saved or knows who it is.

Comment

I found some markings on the control arms.

466 r 09 cdp

Also picked up these today

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
                          Last edited by D-rock; 04-12-2012, 05:54 PM.

Comment

I actually found these images.

Here is the e36 M3 control arm over the original/e30 control arm

Also here is the car when I replaced the CA with an e30 CA

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

So I think the e36 m3 Control arm I installed has helped. Also the three numbers on the right CA is 466.

Comment

That is sketch that you got the car in that shape. Good that you are fixing it. No bending for me.

I am pretty sure that the 466/467 are the correct arms. I am not checking right now but the 466 number seems familiar from when I was researching mine. The kingpin makes a huge difference. The right control arm gets you halfway, the kingpin does the rest.

On the bright side, you will enjoy the brakes.

When I bought mine I went with used rotors and pads but had to replace soon after. For anybody reading this that is considering buying a front m3 setup, ask how much cheaper it would be without the pads and rotors. Shipping cost and price difference might help get you new pads and rotors.

OP, when you do get your rotors take them to an independent brake shop and have them cut the rotors and get new pads. You may need a spacer to clear the cooling fins on the calipers to the back of the wheel spokes. Rondell 58's require a 5mm spacer with new pads on old thin rotors. Could be more with new rotors. I can't say for certain on those RS' but I can't imagine if you went with the e36 325i rotor on the m3 hub how awful two spacers would be but I'm sure it would vibrate badly.
                              sigpic
                              Gun control means using both hands
                              Sex, Drugs, Rock 'n roll. Pick two.

Comment

Originally posted by Dagamus(NM) View Post
                                That is sketch that you got the car in that shape. Good that you are fixing it. No bending for me.

I am pretty sure that the 466/467 are the correct arms. I am not checking right now but the 466 number seems familiar from when I was researching mine. The kingpin makes a huge difference. The right control arm gets you halfway, the kingpin does the rest.

On the bright side, you will enjoy the brakes.

When I bought mine I went with used rotors and pads but had to replace soon after. For anybody reading this that is considering buying a front m3 setup, ask how much cheaper it would be without the pads and rotors. Shipping cost and price difference might help get you new pads and rotors.

OP, when you do get your rotors take them to an independent brake shop and have them cut the rotors and get new pads. You may need a spacer to clear the cooling fins on the calipers to the back of the wheel spokes. Rondell 58's require a 5mm spacer with new pads on old thin rotors. Could be more with new rotors. I can't say for certain on those RS' but I can't imagine if you went with the e36 325i rotor on the m3 hub how awful two spacers would be but I'm sure it would vibrate badly.
                                Hey thanks for the reply! Yeah I would rather avoid problems especially with everything I have been through with this car.

I did order new brake pads (Stop Tech) just since it was already off the car might as well. Also I did flip my rims over and drop the brakes in and they seemed fine, I will have to see once on the car.

Also What will cutting my brakes do I am not sure I know what that means?

Thank you

Comment

Working...
                                X