Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another 5lug option? | Now for the rear too!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the e36 abs ring the same as the e30 ring? (# of teeth)
    Originally posted by priapism
    My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
    Originally posted by shameson
    Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Hmm... I'm not sure. Odds are probably yes, since the clearance is about the same, but I'll count the teeth sometime this week when I go back out into the garage. If the tooth count is a little different... I don't know if that'll effect the ABS operation, though if it does I imagine it would be at higher speeds or something. Maybe. I'll let ya'll know how the ABS works the next time I go for a drive in the rain and stomp on the brakes ;)

Comment

I am also concerned about the number of teeth, because the number of teeth in the rear must be the same as in the front, else the ABS will see rear speed and front speed differently and who knows what it will do :)

Max.
        5-lug Kit | E36 & E46 Hub & Brake Adaptor for E30!
        Leave feedback about my transactions!
        sigpic

Comment

pm me your paypal info. I want to order just the adapters .

have there been any talks about doing a adapter for the rear? I'll be starting on a rear hub conversion in the next week. Hopefully I'll have one done this week or next
          Last edited by blusylver; 04-26-2014, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Max399 View Post
            I am also concerned about the number of teeth, because the number of teeth in the rear must be the same as in the front, else the ABS will see rear speed and front speed differently and who knows what it will do :)

Max.
            The ABS ring has 48 teeth in both e36 and e30 hubs.

Comment

Originally posted by gath View Post
              The ABS ring has 48 teeth in both e36 and e30 hubs.
              Bitchin, though what about e46 rings? I imagine it's the same.

As far as a rear 'conversion' goes, buy z3 (non-m) hubs. They fit right into the stock bearings (post '85 i believe)

Z3 (non-m) brakes will bolt right up. e36/46 calipers will require a 20ish mm spacer between the stock bracket mounting point and the bracket.

Comment

This is the single best e30 5 lug thread I have evr read. Done. sleeves/brackets, z3 hubs rear FTW!

$2500 e30 m strut assy. cores and aging rear T.A's? :loco:

Thank you to everyone who made this thread possible. Finally a five lug solution that doesn't ruin the way the car drives by adding ridiculously large unsprung weight via e36 m brake components with improper f/r bias and questionable geometry. (If its so perfect how come so many people who have done it can't wait to retrofit their cars back to 4 lug after driving with it for a while)

5 lug for e30's is now a worthwhile, and viable upgrade. Aside from the 5 mm track width added by the sleeves, this is as close to perfect as I could wish for.

Comment

My kit came in today and it was installed about 7 minutes later. Super easy and everything fit great. It took 14 calendar days for shipping, not the best but not to bad either.

Thank you very much.

Comment

Originally posted by jalopi View Post
                    Bitchin, though what about e46 rings? I imagine it's the same.

As far as a rear 'conversion' goes, buy z3 (non-m) hubs. They fit right into the stock bearings (post '85 i believe)

Z3 (non-m) brakes will bolt right up. e36/46 calipers will require a 20ish mm spacer between the stock bracket mounting point and the bracket.

I'd go e28 rear, I have 200 dollars and about 10 hours of labor removing and rust removal. I think I'll need another 3 to install

Comment

Subscribed
                      How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Glad everything is ok :)
                        If anyone has any questions - feel free to shoot me a PM.

Max.
                        sigpic

Comment

Will BBS RC 090 style 5's(17x8 et20) fit on an E30 with these? I am thinking they will poke out too much with 12 + 20 = et32. I am not good with off sets and what fits our cars nice.
                          How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

That is not how offsets work

Those wheels are et20, the sleeves move them out 12mm and make them sit like an et8 wheel.
                            cars beep boop

Comment

Yes, that is correct.
                              You should use some offset calculator to see how much more poke you will get.

Max.
                              sigpic

Comment

Alloy Wheel & tyre fitment calculator - it calculates inset, poke, speedo error, tyre stretch and loads more.

It'll be dead flush in the front, rear depends on what swap parts you use. z3 hubs should make those pretty flush too.

Comment

Working...
                                X